Calcium reactor question

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
Quick question for you guys: I connected my Euro-reef calcium reactor yesterday according to specific (although not very difficult) instructions on melevsreef.com.
With everything connected, I opened the valve on the co2 tank, which made the needle jump, revealing the amount of co2 in the tank. The next step was to slowly turn the valve on the front of the tank, which was supposed to make the pressure gauge increase to 12. (nothing happened). With the needle valve plugged in, I proceeded to turn the small valve on the side, which let small co2 bubbles into the bubble counter. I set the bubble rate to 1 bubble every 3 seconds, but the pressure gauge which was supposed to be set to 12, is still unresponsive.
My quick question (after a long explanation) is why is the pressure gauge showing "zero", when bubbles are going into the bubble counter?
Thanks in advance for your help.

xraymatt

Premium Member
Supporter
Thanks Jose. Would you advise continuing to use the reactor as long as co2 bubbles are coming out?
What exactly does that gauge do?

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I've had them go bad. The gauge on the left will tell you when its emptied, or dropping, along with keeping a steady bubble count. I'd check at bad gauge for a leak for sure though. Pretty easy with soap and water. You should get a few months + depending on your effluent rate and pH setting out of that 5 lb tank.

Latest posts