Jebao Kessil!! I called it! What do you guys think?

Well, it happened!

https://reefbuilders.com/2016/03/15...-is-a-direct-copy-of-kessils-a360-spotlights/

http://www.fish-street.com/jebao_dense_matrix_led_ak-60

I'm not one for cheap Chinese products, but when it comes to LEDs, coverage is everything and it often requires more than just one fixture. I'm thinking about pulling the trigger since it's so cheap. I could use a bit more shimmer with my ATI LED Hybrid. Or I could setup a 24" long tank that this light may cover nicely. Or I could put this thing over my nano to seek how it does.

I know it's no Kessil, but I wouldn't even trust a Kessil for anything other than zoas and LPS. Anything that emulates metal halide fascinates me.

What do you guys think?

One thing I love is the Kessil customer service. I would pay extra just for that peace of mind. Good luck finding Mr. Chinito when (and it's WHEN not IF) there is something wrong with the light. Just sayin

One thing I love is the Kessil customer service. I would pay extra just for that peace of mind. Good luck finding Mr. Chinito when (and it's WHEN not IF) there is something wrong with the light. Just sayin
I do too, but I wouldn't run this as primary lighting or on anything serious. I'm kind of itching to see what it's about. I wouldn't spend over twice the amount on a Kessil if I didn't really need one, this could just be light for an extra tank. I like the 24" nanos, but finding an LED for coverage is hard on a budget.

I do too, but I wouldn't run this as primary lighting or on anything serious. I'm kind of itching to see what it's about. I wouldn't spend over twice the amount on a Kessil if I didn't really need one, this could just be light for an extra tank. I like the 24" nanos, but finding an LED for coverage is hard on a budget.
I hear you. Competition is great. If they start selling a ton and it gets to a point where kessil starts dropping in price then even better for us hobbyists.

organism

2020 POTM
Personally I wouldn't recommend buying Kessils much less Kessil knock-offs, they're by far the worst LED I've ever used in the hobby... If you put one side by side with another LED you'll see how hazy the light is.

Personally I wouldn't recommend buying Kessils much less Kessil knock-offs, they're by far the worst LED I've ever used in the hobby... If you put one side by side with another LED you'll see how hazy the light is.
What do you mean by hazy?

I would use a light like this on LPS and zoas, but not if I was seriously into SPS. I'm really tempted to find a Fusion 20 so I can run this light. Getting bored of my Nuvo 10. lol

organism

2020 POTM
I mean literally hazy and not crisp, you have to put them side by side with another LED to see it though. I'm pretty sure the reason behind it is the physics of wave interference from that many chips packed so close together and pushed through a small slightly opaque optic. If anyone's nearby I'll happily put my Halo next to their Kessil and we can take some pics to show the difference, those things are the most overrated light in the hobby imo.

Buy it off amazon if possible. When my rw8 controller went out the seller replaced the whole thing free of charge with no questions and i got it in the mail like 2 days later.

Kessil lights are definitely not PAR monsters, but would they do have is a great longevity and well made to survive In aquarium environments , just go to any frag swap/coral show and there relied apon 90% of the time.. All These china man knock offs have the worst electrical soldering and skimp at every level!!! they won't survive/run more than a year..

organism

2020 POTM
but would they do have is a great longevity and well made to survive In aquarium environments , just go to any frag swap/coral show and there relied apon 90% of the time..
They're used at coral shows because they're the most convenient lights to travel and put over a tank, not due to their quality... Talk to those vendors and most will tell you they don't use Kessils at home just at shows.

good lord, reef builders are a bunch of sell outs... of course they will talk bad about the lights... that sucks...

right now i'm looking for a drill to use around the house... a couple of websites rated them via specs, and makita beat them all... a 260 dollar drill... second place was a 200 dollar dewalt... last place was this black and decker with lithium batteries that sells for 40 bucks... you wanna know the highest sold and highest rated cordless drill online..? freaken black and decker with the lithium batteries... LOL...

the jebao is going to out sell the kessil's and people are going to buy them and be freaken thrilled... they'll love them...

man, i hate them biased sell outs...