eMac's 300 Peninsula iso2.0

My Tank Build
So I hooked up the calrx yesterday so the tank is cloudy right now. I'm just letting the calrx run right now haven't added co2 yet whaling to get the cloudiness to go away. Plus I only have a handful of sps right now and there no reason for the reactor at this time.

The few frags that I've added r still looking good and showing way better pe then they were b4

The ritteri is super sticky and seems to be really happy.

Also just cleaned the skimmer and here's a little vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JesOmC1PsHM
Now for flow all I'm using is the return and 2 gyre 150's mounted on both side of the overflow box

Another little vid (sorry the tank is dirty I'm soaking my glass cleaners in vinegar for cleaning).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8km2TryPGVA

My Tank Build
How you liking the YCA-DC30?
It's ok. I really don't like the bottom water adjustment plate thing. I wish it had the standard pipe exit line. I know it's for space saving. But the rubber band that holds it to the skimmer is not tight enough. The weight of the water in the skimmer will force the the plate open. So I had to put the skimmer in 9.5" of water so I could get the water level right in the skimmer.

It's ok. I really don't like the bottom water adjustment plate thing. I wish it had the standard pipe exit line. I know it's for space saving. But the rubber band that holds it to the skimmer is not tight enough. The weight of the water in the skimmer will force the the plate open. So I had to put the skimmer in 9.5" of water so I could get the water level right in the skimmer.
Good to know, will have design look into other options on the nxt generation

My Tank Build
Thanks guys. I'm really lovin the flow the gyres are giving the tank.
All the flow is from 2 150 gyres and the return.

I'm looking at a gyre bc I don't want to keep my mp40 on the visable end of my peninsula

My tanks only 48x24 do you think 1 would be sufficient?

My Tank Build
Well not much to update. Orders a new uv bulb and installed it today. Got the glass blade adapters for the flipper max so I cleaned the glass. I will say that flipper max is the s*** and will never go without one. It's so easy even a child can use it. Like so
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QOd5pzJMt0
Here in a week or two I will have some big news getting all new lights. Something not many reefs have got to put there hands on yet. So I will be posting a review on them (if allowed too)
I did have my alk to high that I started burning tips. But I just turned the effluent down and let the alk drop slowly.

Latest posts