eMac's 300 Peninsula iso2.0

My Tank Build
So just to show the coverage here's some dead spots where the radions weren't hitting with light that were right under the light

See the white rock and the algae covered rock a perfect line of where the shadow was.
Ever corals that were only getting light from a certain direction

See the green in the base. Right above that to the left the skin is total brown from lack of light. It's hard to see in the pic but in person it's like nights and day.

Nice build. Following along for lot's of information. I have been running a 300 gall for over 8 years and its time to upgrade my equipment. keep up the good work and i hope more manufactures will have you do a write up on their products. Saves me all the research. What about the noise level and the heat generated with the larger tank? I would like your comments. My biggest complaint has been the noise, and my filtration is outside. Water flow and fan noise. Keep the thread going It's great

My Tank Build
So just 4 of these have good spread in the 300 from end to end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As for now I'm not totally sure. I still have one unit that is still wrapped in the box. I'm waiting for someone to video the unboxing and setup so I can post a video for the net to see how easy it is to get these lights up and running

So if anyone that owns a reeflink knows what a b**** it is to set up the reeflink to a internet connection this light is not like that at all. No PC is needed all you need is the light, the ICV6, and wireless devise that can find wifi connection. The ICV6 doesn't even need to connect to your home router or the Internet. The ICV6 has the ability to put out its own wifi signal like a router.
Actually this is how u have to connect it to the app. So when u first plug the ICV6 in it acts like a router and sends out its own signal. Then u go into the setting of your wireless device and select the wireless signal. Then back out and open the app. The app will automatically pull up the ICV6 and find any ethereal (and soon gyre 200 series pumps) devices. Then after u have connected to the ICV6 u can link it to any internet bases wireless router.
It's really kind of smart how Maxspect did this.

My Tank Build
Nice build. Following along for lot's of information. I have been running a 300 gall for over 8 years and its time to upgrade my equipment. keep up the good work and i hope more manufactures will have you do a write up on their products. Saves me all the research. What about the noise level and the heat generated with the larger tank? I would like your comments. My biggest complaint has been the noise, and my filtration is outside. Water flow and fan noise. Keep the thread going It's great
The lights are dead silent. But yes a 300 is noisy. My return pump is the biggest culprit. I'm running a reeflo blackfin3600 so it has a hum to it. But when I turn the blackfin off the tank is near to silent with the gyres and lights. I'm only running 4 pumps on the whole system. The return, 2 gyre xf150's, and the skimmer pump. O and also a pump on the cal reactor.

My overflow is the noisiest. my filter/sump is 25 ft away so i have problems with a durso. but the fan on my lights is even noisier. That's why I am glad about your review on the lights. If you can, mention the noise value on you reviews. Very much appreciated. will be packing up on retirement, and trying to upgrade before then Thanks

Don't get me wrong, I love my 300 gal. I was going to sell and go smaller when we retire to AZ, I just can't do it. As it is, i will have to sell/re home my livestock and start over. Don't think too many people want to buy a house with a large aquarium. Get someone to have you review pumps if you can also. Have someone check for wattage. After the auto industry, I don't trust their numbers. Looks are important but sometimes the bottom line means more. We aren't furnishing a nano and paying the power bill for one either.. Curious how the lights compare on power consumption

My Tank Build
I know it's too early to ask but, how do you like the ethereals so far? Also how high are they mounted from the water line?
Actually I'm really impressed with them so far.
At first I wasn't sure I was going to like them do to the fact they looked purple next to the radions.
But sense switching them out last weekend if noticed the corals getting better coloration in them. Plus I'm seeing new growth in most of my SPS. New shoots are popping up on all most ever coral.
But I did see a bloom in algae too. So I'm thinking the radions had lost par.
There 9" above the water line.

Latest posts