Reefbrights ?

So I kinda miss the shimmering of a led fixture since I run a ati t5 24"so would ? Is would a 24"Xho really make a difference or does it get drowned out by t5s

Unless you view it with your t5 blue supplement ( like 2 blue or actinic)
Reef brite is nice for supplement itself and but not with your full light on.
My fixture is a sunpower so all the bulbs come on at the same time I wonder if it's worth spending the 2hundo for the strip or will I be disappointed!

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
My fixture is a sunpower so all the bulbs come on at the same time I wonder if it's worth spending the 2hundo for the strip or will I be disappointed!
Usually you'd keep it on an hour or 2 before and after your main lights. That's what I'm going for when I get them to supplement t5s. That plus the extra pop throughout the day and extending my viewing time is worth it

Usually you'd keep it on an hour or 2 before and after your main lights. That's what I'm going for when I get them to supplement t5s. That plus the extra pop throughout the day and extending my viewing time is worth it
Yea that's a good way to look at it thanks!

Are you using xho? I'm thinking of going full t5, but will miss that pop and extended viewing. Reefbrite makes a cheaper version called lumi lite and I'm considering it as an option

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
You'd be disappointed if you're expecting shimmer but like others have said, your corals will definitely pop.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Are you using xho? I'm thinking of going full t5, but will miss that pop and extended viewing. Reefbrite makes a cheaper version called lumi lite and I'm considering it as an option

I'm going with the cheaper "tech" all blue reefbrite. Same leds as the xho, just less.

BeanMachine was just telling me he dims down his XHO to 40%. So the tech having 24 leds instead of 36 should be about right for just supplemental pop. The leds are spaced farther apart so you get more of a shimmer effect as well.

The tech strip will match my ati too :)

I definitely see a difference in color when my Reef Brite XHO is on with 4 of the Blue Plus lamps. I was feeling a little frisky last night so I turned it up to 50%. No shimmer though, but definitely more crisp blue with extra pop. It comes on before and after my T5 lights, with a little overlap in the evening for an hour or so.

I definitely see a difference in color when my Reef Brite XHO is on with 4 of the Blue Plus lamps. I was feeling a little frisky last night so I turned it up to 50%. No shimmer though, but definitely more crisp blue with extra pop. It comes on before and after my T5 lights, with a little overlap in the evening for an hour or so.
Do you use the manual dimmer or is there a way to hook dimming up to an apex?

So you're reefbrights are running on a separate timer than your main fixture or is it on apex
It is connected to my apex energy bar. So it turns on and off that way. If you want your apex to control it (ramp up or down) you would connect the reef brite controller to the variable speed port and create the programming for it.