Finally - 10" Regal Angelfish eating after 8 long days

I want to share with you how I get my new regal angelfish to eat, just in case you want to keep a regal angel some day.

I bought a 10" red sea regal angel 8 days ago along with some moorish idols and a tiny Emperor angel. The emperor angel eats right away. After 2 days the moorish idols started eating mysis shrimps and green Nori, but the regal angel would not touch any food.

I tried many types of food based on recommendation found on youtube and internet: new life spectrum pellets, frozen mysis, frozen spirulina, frozen Hikari angel sponges, live oyster, live clam, live brine shrimps, red algae, green algae, dried krills,,,,, Nothing works.

After 7 days (last night) I pretty much gave up and decided to separate the regal from other fish with a divider to let it rest in peace. This morning, when I put in some mysis shrimps for the moorish idols, as the mysis shrimps passed through the screen into the regal angel's side, it would chase after the mysis and eat them. I never thought I would be so happy just to see a fish eat.

It looks like in order to get a new regal angel fish to eat in an aquarium, one mush purchased a healthy specimen that can survive many days without food to start with. And keep other tankmates away until it starts eating. I hope this information will benefit you some day.

Kimha.

Congrats! I love my Regal! It's by far my favorite fish! Getting a good healthy specimen from the get go definitely increases your chances of its survival.

After seeing your beautiful gigantic aquarium I couldn't stop drooling and decided to follow you & go bigger. But not as big as yours.