Fixing a cracked skimmer

My Tank Build
Ok so a few weeks back I got a great deal on a rlss R-8i

The rlss is the skimmer on the left.
The only down side was the collection cup was damaged badly. I tried contacting rlss Canada and h2o systems but never got a response. I even hit up a few acrylic fabrication shops to see if I could get the collection cup fixed or get a new one built. But again no response. Well I was talking it over with my wife and she was like try an acrylic nail filling kit they sell them at Sally's beauty supplies. So I went out and bought the kit this morning.

Let's start off with showing the damage

Bad I know.
Luckily the big piece that is missing in the pic I have and glued that back in place with weld on.
Then I broke out the dermal and fabricated a few piece that were missing to fill the bigger gaps

Then after getting the big gaps filled with scrap acrylic it was time to use the filler kit.
Here where the only things I used out of the kit

I started by using the acid free primer to clean any oils off.
After the primer has dried I took the brush and dipped it into the nail liquid fallowed by the acrylic nail powder. This gives u a little drop of liquid acrylic to fill any cracked and holes.
Like so

After I filled all that I could I let the filler dry. This is where I am currently at with this. After it drys I'll sand off the extra filler and smooth it out. Then take a torch and glaze the acrylic to polish the sanding marks out

My Tank Build
Now who wants to buy a refurbished rlss skimmer lol. I am turning into a hoarder I have 4 skimmers and only need 2 for the time being.