OG's 120G build

Well I got home yesterday and I was pleased to see that there was minimal damage to the tank. In fact, i have more inhabitants now than when i left. I had 2 GBTAs and now i have 4! I think my RBTAs also split. The clown laid eggs and all the corals I was worried about are still alive. Took these shots after I cleaned the glass. Now I can start treating for byropses and GHA.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Day 3 of fluconazole. Byropsys is dying quickly, GHA is being treated with NOPOX. No big change in GHA yet.

Here are my levels
Alk: 8.1 Hannah
CA: 485 Hannah
Mg: 1455 Salifert
Nitrate: .2 Salifert
Phosphate: .08 Hannah

Day 8 of fluconazole and the byropsis is almost all gone! GHA is also starting to disappear. Still dosing NOPOX every day and the skimmer is still off line. Also, I found some bubble algae so I'll treat for that once this gets cleared up.

Added a few fish

CBB

And the clowns are ready to lay their 3rd clutch in 2 months!

Also, I had a pink acan killed by a chalice. I left the skeleton in there and today I saw that it's coming back!

And some shots

Been converting these guys since Saturday. I hope they make it in the tank. Got them to help with the GHA. One of the orange molly's has a black eye so I told the wife that their names are Chris's Brown and Rihanna... she didn't like it too much

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Been converting these guys since Saturday. I hope they make it in the tank. Got them to help with the GHA. One of the orange molly's has a black eye so I told the wife that their names are Chris's Brown and Rihanna... she didn't like it too much

Ha!

Let me know how they do with the GHA & how you went about acclimating them to SW. I'm pretty much going through the exact same battle right now. I'm not leaving out of town anymore so hopefully I get my tank back in check.

How you liking the T5s? I'm about ready to add some for supplementation in my tank.

Ha!

Let me know how they do with the GHA & how you went about acclimating them to SW. I'm pretty much going through the exact same battle right now. I'm not leaving out of town anymore so hopefully I get my tank back in check.

How you liking the T5s? I'm about ready to add some for supplementation in my tank.
Nice. I got a t5 retro kit if you want it. I just ordered 2 new fixtures to run with the AP700s. I threw some GHA into the acclimation tank and they picked at it. Hopefully they do the job once they stop freaking out. Right now they are schooling at the surface

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Nice. I got a t5 retro kit if you want it. I just ordered 2 new fixtures to run with the AP700s. I threw some GHA into the acclimation tank and they picked at it. Hopefully they do the job once they stop freaking out. Right now they are schooling at the surface

Are you running the AP700s on the frag tank or what?

Day 13 Fluconazole

All the byropsis is gone. GHA is still there. Bubble algae is turning white.

The other fish took out 2 mollies so I'm down to 6. The dalmatian mollies are more confident and the hang out at the bottom of the tank. The rest stay at the surface. The 2 CBB are eating frozen! I had to put one in my sump because they would fight and the purple tang would come and strike both of them. The CBB in the display is more confident and explores the entire tank. I haven't ran my skimmer in almost 2 weeks but everything is looking better! I think I might just run it a couple times a week.

I'm going to test tomorrow to see where I'm at with chemistry.

I also haven't cleaned the glass in a week and a half and it still looks clean.

Havent tested but these eggs are ready to hatch! I really need to set up a rotifer and phytoplankton culture

Playing with this idea. The 2 T5 fixtures have a timer built in for 2 T5s at a time and for LED moon light. 2 AP700s will be used for shimmer and color options.