OG's 120G build

Got my new skimmer today. Let's see how this turns out. The tunze skimmer is rated for tanks up to 900 Gallons. I decided on this skimmer because the fiasco that happened when I was away this past summer. The tunze self adjusts so it won't overflow and you can add carbon or gfo in the filter sock so the skimmer also doubles as a reactor.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zoarder

2020 Philanthropist
Supporter
2020 POTM
Got my new skimmer today. Let's see how this turns out. The tunze skimmer is rated for tanks up to 900 Gallons. I decided on this skimmer because the fiasco that happened when I was away this past summer. The tunze self adjusts so it won't overflow and you can add carbon or gfo in the filter sock so the skimmer also doubles as a reactor.

That looks awesome. You should post a video of it running! Didn't know tunze made skimmers

That looks awesome. You should post a video of it running! Didn't know tunze made skimmers

Here it is. It's been running for about 23 hours and I haven't adjusted anything other than the stand pipe. I put it up as high as it goes. There's only like a half inch adjustment that can be done. In the video I cranked up the pump tp 100% and it took a few seconds for it to self adjust and not overflow.

https://youtu.be/SQkBy2O4RHU

That looks so badass. Thanks for the video!

So far I like it. Rated up to 925 Gallons and it only uses something like 33w at full power. It also gets really frothy foam. I messed with it before the video so it didn't show how thick the foam was. Here's a picture I just took after it's been sitting for about 2 hours

Makes me want to go buy one, maybe the 9415 is good for a 150g?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
That's the one I was going to go with but the 9430.001 was discounted pretty good for black friday and it comes with a DC pump. You can even go with the 9410and still be ok. The 9410 is rated up to 264 gallons and it only uses 11W.

Took some top down shots. I've been having some alkalinity issues lately. I tested today and I got 4dkh. I'm running a vertex carx. I wonder if the buffering chamber is the culprit I never had these problems with my Geo reactor. Anyway things are looking fine as you can see in the pictures.

I haven't realized how much things have grown in my tank until I started having alk issues. Looks like the Vertex can't keep up with the demand of my tank. Here's some shots from today

Wanted to take some blue shots

Latest posts