OG's 120G build

Well this is my new build. It will be a slow build. I haven't found a tank manufacturer yet but I do want a 60x24x20.

So I'm starting with the stand. Made the cuts today but I still need another 9 feet of steel.

Stand #6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Oh ****! I'm looking forward to seeing this progress.

Man wish I didn't have this test coming up next week or I'd offer my help for working on that stand. I'd love to sit in and learn a thing or two about welding.

I'll be tuning in for sure.

Man wish I didn't have this test coming up next week or I'd offer my help for working on that stand. I'd love to sit in and learn a thing or two about welding.

When is your test? I'll be welding either this weekend or next.

Well I made a little progress ( told you it would be a slow build) I haven't welded the stand because I don't have room for it right now but I did place the order for the tank. I decided to go with Crystal Dynamics. I'll be welding the stand soon.

Well I made a little progress ( told you it would be a slow build) I haven't welded the stand because I don't have room for it right now but I did place the order for the tank. I decided to go with Crystal Dynamics. I'll be welding the stand soon.

Can I see the drawings for your tank? Center overflow?

Me to, what kind a reef you gonna run SPS, or full reef

Heard from crystal dynamics and my tank won't be ready before I take off to Oregon so they are going to hold it until I get back. Finally got the top and bottom frame welded. I'll put the legs on on Monday and start looking for a powder coating shop near me

Finally got my stand back. I took it to a company before I left to Oregon and when I got back it still wasn't ready. After a month, I went and it still wasn't ready so I took it somewhere else. This other guy did a great job and he got it done when he said he would.

Next step is to get under the house and place some foundation jacks so that there is no movement.... Hmmm or I'll order a new sump. We'll see.

I called Crystal Dynamics and they said that the tank is assembled but the silicone is still currying and it will be another week and a half before they ship it

Latest posts