Help with plumbing

I recently purchased a 133gal glass drilled tank with overflow. The previous owner did a horrible job with the plumbing. I am having a hard time figuring out how to do myself. I have never done any tank plumbing. If anyone is near the Whittier area and would like to help that would be awesome the tang gods will thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KarL

Those bulkheads are done for. Remove the silicone with a blade, then carefully cut the nut off the bulkhead with a dremel. Replumb with new parts

I did I have new bulk heads in now. I just can't figure best way to plumb into sump now.

I will post pictures today. And yes all holes are under over flow one would like into my socks but my sump has to so I guess I need a splitter and the other two are my returns

So put a splitter on my return since I have two return heads? Or just use one?

Speaker73

Premium Member
Supporter
I am from the camp that two drains are better than one. One as an emergency overflow. I personally like to keep each return separate for redundancy but it makes for a safer, in my opinion, type of plumbing. The other bulkhead can be used as a return. Split that off to your two return heads.

Of course I've only plumbed two tanks with help from James for the first one. The second one is an outdoor FW tank for my rainbow shiners.

cisco64

My tank has one drain that goes down to 2 socks. The other drain is an emergency incase the main gets clogged. But the pipe on the emergency sits higher in the over flow.
The main also has a strianer for debris.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Latest posts