Bad Fish From Ata ???

i have a qt tank, but not the chance to use it yet... but I was wondering, I need to qt a fish for about a month of two, so that means I couls not buy anything else that needs qt during that time, cause then I would need to keep the first fish till the last fish went thropugh the entire period...

So basically one or a pair at a time, right?

but the tank is cool looking all empty and stuff, with clean ass water, no algae or other to even haze the glass... I have never needed to wipe or mag float the glass yet...

d34532

The guy at the last meeting showed us his QT tank that was split into smaller tank that shared water. As to when he add or remove fish and how long he keeps each fish in there for I don't remember.

Personal I don't really add fish more then 4 or 6 weeks apart. Only because I like to have the tank adjust to the bioload "mini cycle". How fast and how often I would think it depends on size of tank and size of the fish.

If you get small fish and you want to stock your tank faster you can always setup 2x 10gal tank with their only system then you and split them to allow 3 weeks, so you can add fish everything 3 weeks or even 2 weeks.

The guy at the last meeting showed us his QT tank that was split into smaller tank that shared water. As to when he add or remove fish and how long he keeps each fish in there for I don't remember.
That guy also indicated tht his wsa not traditional and he did not reccomend anyone else, unless they were fish experts themselves, to do it that way.

His QT was shared plumbig and water with his system, so it was not a true QT, he used it to train his fish to recognize him so they would not be too freaked when they were intro'd into the display...

He had already assessed thier health prior to acquiring the fish by both visual and by testing procedures, whatever they are..

But, a true QT will not share anything, not even tools gloves, or other accessories..

Unless cleaned well in between uses..

Latest posts