Bubble Magus Curve D9 review

So i wanted to finally post about my new skimmer. This thing is a beast I currently have this thing running about 60% pretty sure i can drop it down to 40% but haven't tried yet. I replaced a Reef octopus elite 200-int with this and man this thing runs at less power and pulls way more crap from my water. I had to run the reef octopus at 80 to 100% to get it to perform correctly where this i have at 60%. I had one problem with the pump and James from Seaside Aquatics was hands on helping me get it replaced. So a big Thanks to James and the guys at Seaside Aquatics for helping me get the problem resolved. Here are a couple pics of the skimmer in action. 20160406_155851_resized.jpg 20160406_155921_resized.jpg

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
So i wanted to finally post about my new skimmer. This thing is a beast I currently have this thing running about 60% pretty sure i can drop it down to 40% but haven't tried yet. I replaced a Reef octopus elite 200-int with this and man this thing runs at less power and pulls way more crap from my water. I had to run the reef octopus at 80 to 100% to get it to perform correctly where this i have at 60%. I had one problem with the pump and James from Seaside Aquatics was hands on helping me get it replaced. So a big Thanks to James and the guys at Seaside Aquatics for helping me get the problem resolved. Here are a couple pics of the skimmer in action. View attachment 52024 View attachment 52025
how is the skimmer so far? Im looking at the D9. little pricey but I found it with price match and 10% off

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
So i wanted to finally post about my new skimmer. This thing is a beast I currently have this thing running about 60% pretty sure i can drop it down to 40% but haven't tried yet. I replaced a Reef octopus elite 200-int with this and man this thing runs at less power and pulls way more crap from my water. I had to run the reef octopus at 80 to 100% to get it to perform correctly where this i have at 60%. I had one problem with the pump and James from Seaside Aquatics was hands on helping me get it replaced. So a big Thanks to James and the guys at Seaside Aquatics for helping me get the problem resolved. Here are a couple pics of the skimmer in action. View attachment 52024 View attachment 52025
Matt,

I bought the D8 for my 75g and its a beast, already pulling skim on first day. I LOVE IT. Question for you, Do you have it controlled by the Apex? I noticed when I use the feed mode A from Apex, the skimmer doesnt come back on unless I press power on the BM controller.

I do have it controlled by Apex but i dont use feed mode. Not sure why to shut the skimmer off when feeding? Is there an upside to doing that? But to your question its the way the skimmer controller works which is the only downside i have found is if it loses power, or or you goes to feed mode you have to press the power button for it to turn back on. I was trying to run it only 12 hours a day but turning it back on manually got to be a pain.

CoralNerd

CoralNerd
Supporter
[MENTION=7542]mkindsfather[/MENTION]
Skimmer looks nice!
What water height do you have the D9 running in?

Bubble Magus D9 Skimmer

Hi guys need help currently have d9 on 1000L reef tank and i was running on 120% but wasnt pulling much i have around 20 fish and corals so any thought? turn it down maybe to 80% or 100%? what it means when it flashes the leds

thanks

Hi guys need help currently have d9 on 1000L reef tank and i was running on 120% but wasnt pulling much i have around 20 fish and corals so any thought? turn it down maybe to 80% or 100%? what it means when it flashes the leds

thanks
The failed safe chip inside the pump triggered and shut down the pump. If you unplugged the power �� and repower it should start up again. You don't need amd its not recommended that you should run it pass 70-80%. Sounds like you are compesatimg for low water level. You raise your water level higher l, so that you don't have to over drive the pump.

Duraace9sp

2020 Philanthropist
I have run this and the similar your choice aquatics skimmer. So very similar but if $$$$ is issue the your choice is less $$$$. Both source from same maker is my understanding. Both in my opinion good skimmers. I'm running a larger your choice Aquatics D.C.-22. Big skimmer that pulls muck very well. Other tanks are running bubble magus g7 and Nyos 220

I have run this and the similar your choice aquatics skimmer. So very similar but if $$$$ is issue the your choice is less $$$$. Both source from same maker is my understanding. Both in my opinion good skimmers. I'm running a larger your choice Aquatics D.C.-22. Big skimmer that pulls muck very well. Other tanks are running bubble magus g7 and Nyos 220
We need to get you out of the Nyos "German made" perpertratior.. Bubble Magus body, Italian pump, maybe maybe the box is German made.. Hahha

Duraace9sp

2020 Philanthropist
Yes.......all true. But with the $$$$$ I paid I will keep until it craps out, which it did once already. **** good thing echo-tech marine replaced it completely for free!