LF/WTB: Diamond Bit Hole Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys. I'm planning drilling some holes into my tank to make a ghost/coast2coast overflow. So I need to get some diamond bit hole saw. Where do u guys usually get ur drill bits from. Thanks in advance!

Will

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
I got mine from Amazon a few years back. Make sure you get a good quality one because I bought a cheap one once and the abrasive diamond material came off the hole saw causing my tank to crack.

I got mine from Amazon a few years back. Make sure you get a good quality one because I bought a cheap one once and the abrasive diamond material came off the hole saw causing my tank to crack.
How can I tell if it's a good quality one if it's from Amazon? Just check reviews?

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
How can I tell if it's a good quality one if it's from Amazon? Just check reviews?
Yeah, When I bought mine I made the mistake of just buying the cheapest one I found. I would read the reviews and maybe a google search on that company also.

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
@bustyanky. Will. I found it. And I have the whole glass hole kit. With all size including 1.5. Text me.

I bought mine on ebay, like 20 different sizes for 20 bucks. I drilled 3 40mm holes no problems. I'm sure there are better ones out there but for a few holes needed to be made and the price good route to go.

* Loveland Fish Sales * Follow Sponsor Thread On SCR * Subscribe On YouTube *

Yeah I totally agree. But if I can save a few bucks here and there. I'm all for it. Haha

I bought mine on ebay, like 20 different sizes for 20 bucks. I drilled 3 40mm holes no problems. I'm sure there are better ones out there but for a few holes needed to be made and the price good route to go.

20 bucks for 20 bits doesn't get much cheaper than a buck a bit

lowbudget

Premium Member
Supporter
he borrowed from me and is good to go ibtl.
U can also try harbor fright. They got some bits but they are a bit hard to use and u have to go very slow so that u don't crack the glass. And they are cheap 10 dollars. I use them before and they work great if u take ur time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.