PH high! Need advice

So I tried to get ph up in my ATO reservoir n I might have added to much reef buffer to it. It's a 10g reservoir n ph could be 8.5 ^. Any good ways to drop ph. I heard I could add lemon (acidic)

Back when I use to have a green thumb (hydroponics system) I have these left over ph buffers. Was wondering i could use it to reduce ph for my reef tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe turn off all the lights and let the PH drop naturally? I would be a little hesitant to bring it down fast if you just upped it fast....the rapid changes might be dangerous.

It's fine. Isn't that what you're trying to do? Increase the ph of your tank through the ato? People use kalk with much high ph.

Maybe turn off all the lights and let the PH drop naturally? I would be a little hesitant to bring it down fast if you just upped it fast....the rapid changes might be dangerous.
Well my ATO container is in my closet so it's dark in there all
having lights on will bring Ph up?

So should I be concern with ph bring 8.8+ in my ATO reservoir. My ph in my display tank is 8.0.

"I need to buy a apex." Hahahaha

Well my ATO container is in my closet so it's dark in there all
having lights on will bring Ph up?

So should I be concern with ph bring 8.8+ in my ATO reservoir. My ph in my display tank is 8.0.

"I need to buy a apex." Hahahaha

Oh, I didn't read it correctly. If your ATO PH is 8.8 it should be fine, your tank probably won't experience much of a PH increase when your ATO kicks on and folds into your total capacity.

Use a fuge on a reverse light cycle.

This

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
How big of a swing in ph are you getting??? Mine goes from 8.28 to about 8.1 at night

Csreef

Let it come down naturally, the more you add the more you create problems. Also, consider putting a fan in your sump area to put some fresh air for your protein skimmer air inlet. Or run tubing outside from your protein skimmer air inlet. The fresh air keeps your ph higher.

Thank you everyone for your input [MENTION=3441]russ13[/MENTION] I'm getting the same but notice the ph from R/O water is less n was just thinking to get ph same as tank. Added that buffer n it was high n I started to panic.
[MENTION=6458]Csreef[/MENTION] I will get tubing after my mid term tomorrow

Thanks again SCR members

Glad I came on here before I messed it up

8.0 PH in the DT is perfect. No need to do anything at all. Your ATO is a slow drip anyway so there should be no huge PH swings

Latest posts