nitro RC. total newb

Take it to a pro...and quit turning screws when you have no idea what they do. When I had gas R/C cars, they were always a pain...requiring constant tuning. I'm over it. Just picked up a brushless Traxxas Slash 4x4 ultimate with lipo. So easy, plug in the battery and run for like an hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
how are brushless now...? a couple years back i used to make titanium roll cages for hard body Z in huntington beach... one time they gave us some electric RC and that ****** was crazy fast... but i remember it had replaceable brush heads... i can just imagine the torque from brushless motors... good lord...

how are brushless now...? a couple years back i used to make titanium roll cages for hard body Z in huntington beach... one time they gave us some electric RC and that ****** was crazy fast... but i remember it had replaceable brush heads... i can just imagine the torque from brushless motors... good lord...
60+ on a 2s lipo...fast enough.

Just put together 1/10 scale but focusing on 1/8 for sure.
Can a old Mugen MT3 still hang out there at GLARCRC?? My buddy have been bugging me to go run out there.

I wish I had that kind of cash to race again. spending $600 on the 1/8th scale engine is tough. still racing at the transit center in gardena?
Mike come on down I can still get my hands on a .21 JP modified. Lol

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
Can a old Mugen MT3 still hang out there at GLARCRC?? My buddy have been bugging me to go run out there.
I just raced this past weekend ........and honestly yes it can with right set up and good driving. On a club race there are not very many sedans but in a big race I would say" diff not". just come out and have fun! I am getting back into it and I am running sedan class to try to hone my skills again. Motors are much faster!!! Who is your friend?

Mike come on down I can still get my hands on a .21 JP modified. Lol
Not fast enough lmao!!

Not fast enough lmao!!
Greg Shum is my buddy and I saw you running expert Jose 1/10?? What car you run and what are the latest motors. Just like all the other hobbies when you come back after 10 years I gotta throw away my mtx3, Mugen x.12 motor and M8 controller.

I can only do club racing as I cannot devote enough time to the big race and park an RV at the track. Lol

JOSE CASAS

Premium Member
Supporter
Mtx 3 for club racing is perfect! Just come out and have fun!! I run Mtx 6 that I just got last week, but when I came out a month ago I ran a mtx 4. Motor I use a reds motor.

924wal

I have some I would sell
2 erevo 300 one 500 the other
1 Vantage carbon fiber chassis big block revo 400
2 jato 200 each
And a rusty
1900 for 6 trucks plus all my parts tools couple gallons fuel

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Cool RC thread!

I have HPI rs4 nitro drift. That thing is fun but a pain to tune. Too much work in my opinion.

I Also have HPI Bullet 3.0 ST Nitro (Retail Price - $300) - Brand new RTR. Was only opened to assure everything was there when I picked it up. Never been used.
-----Asking $250

Don't think nitro is for me. I went over board .... my loss your gain! :suicide2:

I haven't used my cars in a while so selling off some if anyone is interested. This is what I have:

Team Associated RC8.2e RTR with no radio and orange receiver
Has upgrades though
front and rear aluminum chassis braces
upgraded hub mounts from the team edition kit
5 complete set of tires for all kinds of tracks (panther, AKA and wheels) this is 20 tires and wheels
castle bec set to 7.4v for the high speed solar servo
T-Bone racing front and rear basher bumper

TLR SCTE with MIP Pro-4 kit
I never put this one together but have all the parts so it's brand new basically
The MIP chassis is has protective cover on the bottom which makes it more durable to scratches
Tenshock Sensored motor and hobbywing ESC 120A (never used)
Orange receiver and solar high voltage high speed servo

And also have these which might sell for right price

Team Durango DESC210R kit with extra chassis and extras

Team Durango DEX210R roller with tons of hop ups which are too many to list.

I will try to post some pics later but if you know RCs you should get an idea of the kind of quality stuff this is