What's your nitrate ?

Just want to see what everyone is keeping there's at and if they got happy coral to back it up ?

I'm asking this cause my nitrates have been constantly low 0-1 ppm red sea test kit.

I feed heavily (cap full of oyster feist, scoop of reef chilli, pellets for the fish and occasional mysis. Also 3 drops coral vitalizer, kz lps aminos 1ml, sometimes even more amino (ME amino, reef pluss amino) along with everything else on top of it.

I have also tried potasium nitrate and it got it up but I just don't like dumping that stuff in my tank.

60 cube bare bottom
SSS 1000 skimmer
Hydra 26 hd, with 3 b+ and 1 actinic t5
Mp 10 qd
Alk 7.3 hanna checker
Cal 420 salifert
Mag 1400 salifert
Po4 0.02 hanna checker

So what's your nitrate? Sps, LPS, or mixed

Following along, I'm hitting this issue as well....the spot feeding of food items might make up for the lack of nitrates but it seems like nitrates between 5-10 drive a lot of nice coloration and response from coral. What potassium nitrate are you dosing? Stump killer?

Following along, I'm hitting this issue as well....the spot feeding of food items might make up for the lack of nitrates but it seems like nitrates between 5-10 drive a lot of nice coloration and response from coral. What potassium nitrate are you dosing? Stump killer?
Yes I was using stump killer and am no longer using it because I don't want to count on stump killer to keep my nitrates up.

I've gone as high as 8ppm (Red Sea test ) but started running into algae issues, Lps were flubber as hell. Now at 2ppm after adding 7L siporax and upped my carbon dosing , sps are bright but my Lps are not happy ..

I've gone as high as 8ppm (Red Sea test ) but started running into algae issues, Lps were flubber as hell. Now at 2ppm after adding 7L siporax and upped my carbon dosing , sps are bright but my Lps are not happy ..
What was your p04 at when algae occurred?

Yes I was using stump killer and am no longer using it because I don't want to count on stump killer to keep my nitrates up.
I agree, I have the same concern. This thread on NR talks about how to make a solution that's actually pretty weak. http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/349488-dosing-potassium-nitrate/ \\

I would have to dose 140 ML per day just to get 2 PPM lift but would probably require a dosing pump or multiple manual dosing 2-3 times a day.

Mine is at .75-1ppm. Po4, is .02. I just started checking and working on po4. It was at 1.0. Working on ca is 320. Alk at 7dkh, mag at 1300. Just started dosing to bring ca up. Also switched back to halides and growth is improving

Colors are getting better, but growth has taken off. I only have halides on for 3 hours so far, but I am increasing it every week. I will be moving everything to my new tank in 4-6 weeks