Hello

lozinit

Hello from the San Gabriel area. I moved here to SOCAL few years ago and have not been able to set my tanks up since we moved until last . I finally set up my 55 gallon with 20 gallon sump. I doweled and epoxied all my rock together 6 months ago and filled it up. I learned the hard way that only bad things happen fast to an aquarium. Tank leaked at the bottom so broke it completely down to the glass and silicone everything back together. For 5 months I have added 3 drops of ammonia a day to my aquarium, done my weekly water changes, tested water parameters, no leaks so I am ready to move on. I added in my CUC as needed and seem to have everything balanced so far. I got a clownfish on Saturday from someone who told me about this forum. Clownfish is in 30 gallon quarantine and will add him/her in 6 weeks to the main tank even though his tank looked great.

Past history, Had this tank as a 55 gallon LPS and SPS display for 8 years, another 240 gallon predator tank that didn't survive the move. I am a pack rat and can not throw anything away, so still have equipment from when I started 18 years ago. Things have changed so much since when I started.

I ordered an orbit light but when I installed it I didn't like it. I have been looking at the mars aqua 165 watt led lights. They are china led but from what I have read they are good enough for Polyps and LPS and are under $200 shipped. I am still researching lights.

Anyhow, Guess that is a long enough introduction.

Attachments

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
Welcome. You will find a lot of info on is site. Almost all the corals in my tank came from this site.

lozinit

Edited post to add in a picture. It is not much yet. Should look better once I get some lights on it. I need to do something regarding the trim. I replaced the bottom trim when it leaked and the two are not the same color. I am going to install a manifold in the plumbing this weekend unless I find an acrylic or drilled tank. Wife does not like the HOB overflow noise when it burbs every so often.

Latest posts