BRS has free shipping now

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
I wish MD had a way to tell you if an item is in stock in California. I order from them because you would think being in California it would get to me faster. But it always seems to be shipped from the east coast. BRS does 4.99 three day shipping.
We appreciate your feedback. We are still working to find the right balance of inventory between the two locations. Can you PM me your email address so I can check the contents of some of your recent orders? Thanks in advance!

BRS has great prices on a lot of stuff but they're sometimes higher than MD so although you're getting free shipping you are going to wait a lot longer and you might be paying a higher base price, really depends on your total order. Sometimes Amazon may be a better option if ordering 1 item and need it faster than 5-7 days (what it usually takes to get to me).

A recent example I came across was when I was looking for MicroBacter7

Marine Depot: 250ml: 7.64 + Tax 8.25 + 4.99 shipping / 500ml = 13.49 = 14.57 + 4.99 shipping
BRS: 250ml = 9.99 (no tax/shipping) / 500ML = 16.99 (no tax/shipping)
Amazon: 250ML = 13.83 + Tax 14.94 (free 2 day shipping with Prime) / 500ML = 15.37 = Tax = 16.45 (free 2 day shipping with Prime)

Note: BRS Rewards Points may make it worth continuing to order from them vs. MD or Amazon.

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
We appreciate your feedback. We are still working to find the right balance of inventory between the two locations. Can you PM me your email address so I can check the contents of some of your recent orders? Thanks in advance!
i will send you my email. I would also like to add I have talked to the people at marine depot a few times about different orders and there customer service was great. I also like the way there website navigates better than BRS.

I order from both and have found Marine depot to be top notch when it comes to matching and working w customers. Not to say that brs isn't (they are also great) but since MD is here and the order usually comes next day, I order from them more frequently

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
i will send you my email. I would also like to add I have talked to the people at marine depot a few times about different orders and there customer service was great. I also like the way there website navigates better than BRS.
We received your message and will reply to it separately. Thank you for your honesty and valuable insight.

We will actually be rolling out updates to the look and feel of our website soon, so please keep the feedback coming!

I order from both and have found Marine depot to be top notch when it comes to matching and working w customers. Not to say that brs isn't (they are also great) but since MD is here and the order usually comes next day, I order from them more frequently
Thank you for shopping and for your kind words!

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
[MENTION=6299]MarineDepot[/MENTION]. Do you guys match the free shipping as well on the same items?

I wish MD had a way to tell you if an item is in stock in California. I order from them because you would think being in California it would get to me faster. But it always seems to be shipped from the east coast. BRS does 4.99 three day shipping.
Looks like [MENTION=4744]Mar[/MENTION]ineadepot updated their site to now show if the item is in west coast, east coast, or both

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
[MENTION=6299]MarineDepot[/MENTION]. Do you guys match the free shipping as well on the same items?
They price match total cost (item cost+shipping+tax) so find a place that has the same item with free shipping and out of state so no tax and MD will price match it

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
They price match total cost (item cost+shipping+tax) so find a place that has the same item with free shipping and out of state so no tax and MD will price match it
[MENTION=3725]solitude127[/MENTION] exactly what [MENTION=1164]805reef[/MENTION] ... except for EcoTech Marine, we still have to charge tax for their products even when price matching due to their MAP price agreement.

Looks like [MENTION=4744]@MarineDepot[/MENTION] updated their site to now show if the item is in west coast, east coast, or both
Very observant! We just added that messaging this week. It will say whether it's in the East Coast, West Coast, or both warehouses. In every possible instance, we are going to try to ship your products from the warehouse closest to you for faster delivery. Our eventual goal with these expansions is to get everyone in the contiguous United States their order within 2 business days without having to pay for expedited shipping.

Latest posts