Moving help

So I'm moving to a new apartment and need advice on moving my 25 gallon tank. So do I need to take corals off of rocks or just buy large bins and submerge rock and coral. Should I take sand out or leave in.how much water do I need to save. Will it be ok to immediately put everything in tank. what should I do with fish and inverts all in a bucket or segregate them.
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

If you are able to take corals off the rocks I would do it. Move everything separately. Once I put rocks, fish and corals together with some power heads in a bin when I was switching my tank. After a few days, ammonia got sky high killing some fish and corals. I think it was because the bacteria on live rocks started to die.

Your tank move needs to be done in one day. I separated live stock from rocks during transport just incase the rocks fall over on top of live stock. Save all the water you can. Keep the sand in the tank with water just above the sand level. Once you moved the tank to the new place. Setup tank with out live stock. Just rocks, sand, water and equipment. Let it run for couple hours til it clears up. Check ammonia after just incase things die off. Your livestock can survive with heater and power head for a few hours without any issue. Shouldn't be too bad since it is a small tank. Good luck with the move.

I've moved my tank twice already.
I think it's better to do it in 2days
Buy 5g buckets at homedepot. Once your done with them you can return them hehe

1stday
1st thing to fill the container with water and then move the all livestock as much as you can in a 25g container with a power head and a heater

Move the excess water to buckets as much as you can save.
Move the live rocks in the buckets with water and if you have extra heater/pump put it in the bucket.
Next move the sand to the buckets and clean them with a water hose. Just try mixing the sand while your using the water hose.
(Or just replace the sand with a brand new sand)

Clean the tank and prepare it for the move ( if you have a sump try to save the water, cheato and rocks to a bucket)

Try moving the tank at the 1st day so the 2nd day your only moving the livestock and rock.
Try to move the sand and put some water after you put the tank.
Get probably 10g of new saltwater just in case you might need it after you put all your livestock.
Less stress and tiring for you and your livestock :)

Good luck

I just moved mine last week. Downsized from a 60 to a 15. I put all the rock I wanted with corals attached carefully in one 5 gallon bucket, and the fish in another, both with plenty of water. Saving the sand is a pain, and would be easier to just buy new live sand. I opted to replace all the water as well. The big key is get a good size bottle of Dr. Tim's One And Only and do minimal doses daily for 2 weeks. It works like a charm. My tank has been up for 1.5 weeks now and everything is super happy. You just want to make sure you're adding small doses of beneficial bacteria everyday to keep up with the bioload. I've done it several times and never had a problem.
You can keep the sand, but you would have to drain the majority of the water, after removing all the rock and livestock, then stir the sand up like crazy and immediately siphon out the nasty water. You'd want to leave about 5 gallons in to siphon out when you do this. It's easier to just buy new live sand though.
And it's easiest, and best, to do it all in one day :)

I've moved my tank twice already.
I think it's better to do it in 2days
Buy 5g buckets at homedepot. Once your done with them you can return them hehe

1stday
1st thing to fill the container with water and then move the all livestock as much as you can in a 25g container with a power head and a heater

Move the excess water to buckets as much as you can save.
Move the live rocks in the buckets with water and if you have extra heater/pump put it in the bucket.
Next move the sand to the buckets and clean them with a water hose. Just try mixing the sand while your using the water hose.
(Or just replace the sand with a brand new sand)

Clean the tank and prepare it for the move ( if you have a sump try to save the water, cheato and rocks to a bucket)

Try moving the tank at the 1st day so the 2nd day your only moving the livestock and rock.
Try to move the sand and put some water after you put the tank.
Get probably 10g of new saltwater just in case you might need it after you put all your livestock.
Less stress and tiring for you and your livestock :)

Good luck

I'm assuming you had no corals? Rinsing sand with a water hose is death. This is saltwater. Using a garden hose at all is a seriously poor statement. All you're doing is introducing terrible water. What's "new" sand? It will still have a cycle.

There's too much here. Please do the 1 day move [MENTION=11048]Reeferfourlife[/MENTION] outlined.

Going with the 1 day what should I do about live stock that is stuck to rocks have zoa that spread all over rocks if I should put rocks and let sit

got it done thanks for advice guys wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. Tomorrow ima do a 50% water change