Anyone tried keeping codium tomentosum?

Took a walk down the beach today and picked up a nice chunk of codium tomentosum. Looks like the codium most of us are use to, but this one is very rubber like and hard to break. I know people usually say not to add things to your tank that you pick up at the beach, figured a piece of macro couldn't hurt though. I'm planning on attaching it to a separate rock with a rubberband away from other rocks to keep in check. Just wondering what your thoughts are?? And please, no lame 2 word responses ;)

Well I tossed it in. The water was getting cold and it was on the beach when I found it. I rinsed it freshwater, than put it in a bucket with clean saltwater, then another quick freshwater rinse and threw it in. I hope it lives. It's really nice looking, prettier than the regular codium.

Tangwich

2020 Philanthropist
If we can manage to put up with the practically useless codyum bean, keeping any other codium will be a step up, Blaire ; p

I haven't had luck with beach found macros yet. Maybe it's a water temp issue. Although vegan fish seem to love the kelp.
I figured it would be a crap shoot. It's still alive this morning though. I read it prefers warmer water and usually dies off in the fall in the ocean, so I guess we'll see. If it makes it I'll give you some :). I'll post a pic of it once the lights come on.

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks really cool. But I would think the temp would be an issue. Maybe it will adapt..