Acrylic tank owners! How do you clean the glass?

EyeReef

Admin
admin
Supporter
My Tank Build
This is my first time owning a brand new acrylic tank and I have been letting algae collect on the glass for the last few weeks in fear of scratching it. What is the best method to clean the tank while minimizing scratches? Any good recommendations for a magnet cleaner?

TIA!

This is my first time owning a brand new acrylic tank and I have been letting algae collect on the glass for the last few weeks in fear of scratching it. What is the best method to clean the tank while minimizing scratches? Any good recommendations for a magnet cleaner?

TIA!
U can buy a 100 ct box of plastic razor blades cheap! I use that to get coralline and tuff algae then I use a mighty magnet for everyday clean.

I have tunze care magnet and it does leave some micro scratches on the acrylic ( it sucks because it works so good) , i use Starbucks gift cards they work great.

pgr11

Supporter
Magic eraser on the inside, plexis with a microfiber towel on the outside. Works awesome

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

I used a scrub with a handle that was made for acrylic. To me that works better then a magnet scrub cause when coralline algae starts to grow that stuff get be a little hard to scrub with a magnet type of scrub. I would definitely use a plastic blade or something of that type to get the bottom part of the tank cause you might kick some sand up with the scrub and start scratching your tank.

Latest posts