Cyno ? Id plz

What is this is this a type of cyno this happend a day after my perameter settled from the first cycle can someone help me knock this out before it spreads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't really tell with mostly blue light on but looks like both, cyano on the rock to the left and diatom starting on the white rock. Where did your parameters settle too now? How long do you leave your lights on? If you have corals you can reduce like a couple hours of light for a few days. If just Fish and live rocks leave the lights off for a day or two. Are just starting up the tank? What do you have in you tank?

Yes i just finished the cycle every thing is at 0 exept nitrates and its real low just did a water change today im 99 percent sure its diatom so just leave the lights off for a few day scrub em off .. Should i get a clean up crew and if so what kind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leaving the lights off for a couple days and reducing the amount they are on works for me when I start to get a out break. I know the reason why it starts and thats due to my filter socks collecting alot of crap. Once I clean the socks and leave lights off or reduce the light, then algae goes away. What kind of water are you using and where exactly is your levels of nitrate?

It almost looks like small particles of media from a reactor to me. Kinda hard to tell from the pic.
Im not talking about the specs im talking about the brown splotch on the right top of the rock um let me test and ill get back to you with lvl

Leaving the lights off for a couple days and reducing the amount they are on works for me when I start to get a out break. I know the reason why it starts and thats due to my filter socks collecting alot of crap. Once I clean the socks and leave lights off or reduce the light, then algae goes away. What kind of water are you using and where exactly is your levels of nitrate?

My nitrates are actully at zero

Just leave it alone...let the tank settle past the cycle process. Most likely there is a food source for them (silicates or phosphates) that need to be used up anyway. The more you try and prevent them from going through their cycle the longer you're going to drag it out. Just get some CUC members that eat diatoms.

Just like what javajacketoc said, let it cycle. Just because your levels read 0 dosnt mean everything is good. Algae can absorb nitrate (food source) that your reading will be low or read 0. Since you're cycling your tank let it take its cycling course first. Continue your water change (rodi) and testing. Try the light method as well cause lights is another food source for algae. See how that goes and LMK

Latest posts