Anyone here use the Apex Leak Sensor?

Fate

I'm sure a few of you have them on here. Was getting ready to buy and noticed the probes have two different types. Ones a Solid surface probe and the other a low profile under carpet probe. I cant really see the difference on the two besides ones slimmer. Can anyone shed some light on what application you would need one over the other?

I wanted to get 2 - One next to the sump in the cabinet and one on the carpet behind the tank next to the drain. Just not sure if the low profile would work best on carpet?

cmsurfr22

I think the carpet one is designed to go under the carpet. The solid surface has some weight to it to hold it down vs the under carpet one which is slim to fit under carpet and be held down by the carpet

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I have the SS one and it is very sensitive, which I like. I have mine next to the sump and ATO

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

Fate

What's the script you wrote to have it shutdown the pump once it detects a leak?

805reef

Premium Member
Supporter
What's the script you wrote to have it shutdown the pump once it detects a leak?
I don't have it shut down my pumps, I just have it email me. I have the solid ones since they are just placed in my sump and I don't want them to move around easily.

In your return pump coding you would put this:
If SWX11_1 CLOSED Then OFF

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
I have this for the pump since Im using the first port and it txt me
I also have it shut down the skimmer

Pump:
Fallback ON
Set ON
If Swx4_1 CLOSED Then OFF

skimmer:
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If FeedA 005 Then OFF
If Swx4_1 CLOSED Then OFF
If Power Apex Off 001 Then OFF
Defer 005:00 Then ON

I have a few more lines in the skimmer since the water level is higher when pump is off, this gives is a delay to start. Also added in case power is off to the APEX, I get a delay

Last edited:

Fate

Nice, what script did it write for the text Alarm to notify you when the outlet goes off?

I have two sensors, the standard thick one is in my cabinet with the sump, I have a thin one under the stand.

Here is what I use for the alarm and e-mail/text:
If Swx5_1 CLOSED Then ON
If Swx5_2 CLOSED Then ON