Polyps acting funny

deefish714

Been searching around and I'll I've seen was members say it's normal. My green button polyps have turned inside out. All other corals are fine. Including some Rastas I have. Parameters are salt 35ppt cal 450. Alk 10.5 mg 1400 phosphate 0 trates 0. Ammonia 0 nitrite 0 all have been tested with both salifert and Red Sea just to confirm. Only thing I did different which I'm not sure if it would affect the polyps is turn down color on the kessils 10% percent. And upped the intensity 5% both adjustments were done a month ago. Any ideas?

Are you talking about something like this 20151116_120510.jpg 20151116_120510.jpg if so it is normal. Why do they do that I honestly don't know but mine would do it ever know and then

deefish714

I was also thinking maybe the increase of intensity and decrease of color might have affected it but I'm not sure. I know I've read to give corals time to adapt so I've been letting it fly. I don't want to keep switching the intensity. Another note is that my mushrooms/anemone/other polyps have been reaching up more (some polyps looked stretched out but still great color and uniformity). now this seems to be reaching for light. Do you guys think that the decrease in the color has been causing this?? I did not have issue's before the switch.

Latest posts