Choosing your RODI system

Fate

With so many different systems out there it makes it hard to choose the right one. I see prices ranging from $175 all the way up to $700. What are we looking for when choosing an RODI system?

I'm not trying to get too fancy but at the same time I'm not trying to cut any corners. I just need a reliable system that will out put 0 TDS and not go out on me for a few years but they all seem like they do that. So what's the deal? Can someone learn me?

If you have room build it....
I built my own, 6 Stage, Dual Di, Dual TDs Meter, Manual Flush Valve, and a valve to gt get drinking water(before Di stages)
1st Stage- sediment filter
2nd Stage- Carbon filter
3rd Stage- Chloramine carbon filter
4th Stage- RO membrane
5th stage- Di
6th stage- Di

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

deefish714

I found my 5 stage on these threads for hella cheap. And the filter were basically new. I suggest waiting on a good deal from the threads. Saved me a hundred bucks+ cause everything I wanted was already purchase from the previous owner desperate to get money. Imo bulk reef & thefilterguys and very reputable and build quality is superb. But I've never tried the others. I have thefilterguys 5 stage with auto flush float valves and dual Tds meters and let me tell you I'm very impressed. My pressure is 65+ always get 3 Tds out of the pre filters and 0 out the di.

momo

I ordered this guy yesterday after reading a lot of reviews, with upgraded carbon cartridge for 156 bucks. They have coupon for free shipping and a free TDS meter and no tax. As long it makes 0 TDS water I will be ok. I had to call the company twice for some addons i wanted to make they were super helpful.

http://airwaterice.com/reefkeepers-rodi/typhoon-5-stage-rodi-reefkeeper.htm

What's your water pressure like?
My water pressure is 65-70

My TDs coming in(from the tap) is 454ppm and before entering the dual Di stage it drops down to 5-8ppm then Oppm after the dual Di

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

deefish714

Pressure plays a big part. Helps with waist water and it will allow all filters to run most efficiently. All Rodi unit will tell you what pressure they perform best at. I would try to get as close as you can even if that includes adding s booster pump I highly suggest that. I've seen alot of members with that unit I'm sure it is quality. But. Like I said if your patient I've seen those units go for 50 -75 on here with all the belts and whistles that cost extra when purchasing new. Tottaly up to you tho.

With so many different systems out there it makes it hard to choose the right one. I see prices ranging from $175 all the way up to $700. What are we looking for when choosing an RODI system?

I'm not trying to get too fancy but at the same time I'm not trying to cut any corners. I just need a reliable system that will out put 0 TDS and not go out on me for a few years but they all seem like they do that. So what's the deal? Can someone learn me?
Call this guy from Cali Kid Corals, his name is Ben. This guy is very helpful bro. I was there about 2 weeks ago and had the same exact question about ro/di systems, just want to get the best bang for my buck with out cutting corners. Trust me when I say he's very helpful and very chill. He will awnser your question and get the ro/di system for you as well. He's located in whittier. https://www.facebook.com/Cali-Kid-Corals-588910624596155/?ref=hl

Elo500

I notice these all have addons available, which are really useful?
PRESSURE GAUGE KIT
MEMBRANE FLUSH VALVE
RO BYPASS VALVE
DUAL TDS METER
DUAL DI SYSTEM
AUTO SHUT-OFF -
100 GPD FILMTEC MEMBRANE OPTIONAl

Latest posts