lighting a 48" tall tank...

The tank is 144"x34"x48"tall. My electric bill will be through the roof with MH. It's my father in laws tank, never been setup. Just sitting there in his warehouse. It's mine if I want it. So thinking about options

I think i can help. I can pick it up this weekend and put it in my living room. Headache would be gone because you won't have lighting issues and your in laws warehouse will get about 35 Sq ft back lol. But seriously if you want those huge industrial /public aquarium type canon leds I have 1 with a control if you are interested brand new in the box. You'll still need quite a few though.

* Loveland Fish Sales * Follow Sponsor Thread On SCR * Subscribe On YouTube *

In all reality it'd be a great fowlr tank. You can get away with crappier lighting and just do higher rock work and keep your corals to softies and nems and if you wanted the sps stuff just keep it 24" and above in the tank.

It's been proven sps will grow in as little as 80par just have to work them to get there

Do halides in section you want sps and t5 or led light the rest of the tank

I have the perfect reflector for you if you go mh the lumen max elite has great depth penetration on a 36" tall tank it was still off the charts on the sand bed with those reflectors

Latest posts