What is the best way to reduce phosphates

Rowa or another similar media. I've used the liquid chelating agents but, I shocked a few things on accident a few times. I think the media works slower, and it isnt as aggressive.

I've also been playing around with dosing peroxide to get rid of dinos/hair algae. Took about a week but, my tank has never looked better. Look up the thread on R2R.

15 weeks in if you started from Dry your tank is just going through cycles that take time. If you do not have sensitive corals than .25 P04 is not a problem. I would dose any brand good bacteria and patiently wait for things to settle down. It took my 400 over a year to settle in after starting dry, this is where quality live rock bypasses this issue. If you are Nitrate limited as stated above it can be hard to remove P04, I would skim very wet and drop your feeding down.

15 weeks in if you started from Dry your tank is just going through cycles that take time. If you do not have sensitive corals than .25 P04 is not a problem. I would dose any brand good bacteria and patiently wait for things to settle down. It took my 400 over a year to settle in after starting dry, this is where quality live rock bypasses this issue. If you are Nitrate limited as stated above it can be hard to remove P04, I would skim very wet and drop your feeding down.
I started with live rock from n live sand.
Should I turn of skimmer n add bacteria?
Should I stop dosing NoPox.
I have nite-out.
What's skim very wet?

I never turn my skimmer off, but it does pull some of the products I add. Skimming wet will pull more out than dry skimming you just need to check salinity more often because when you skim wet you are pulling more salt out. Microbact 7 is a cheap bacteria additive, but any brand will do to add to biological diversity. If your nitrates are zero you could back off of NoPox for sure. FYI in my system my Nitrates hang around 10 and my P04 is around .08 to .16 without any loss of color SPS dominant.

Feed less

Skim wet

water changes 20% for a while

Latest posts