Rock shaping complete + questions.

As the title entails, rock sculpting is done.i used E-marco 400 to cement all the pieces together.

0510161731_HDR.jpg
0510161731a_HDR.jpg
0510161731.jpg

My question is, I'm planning to acid the rocks before cycling. Will this effect the E-marco cement? I plan to use fly's method detailed on his thread on the diy section, ie soak the rock for 20 mins.

Thanks or the feedback

Nice scape. Usually people acid wash the rock before applying cement and finalizing the structure. I'm curious to know what happens too. You might want to PM Macro Rock and see what they have to say.

Nice scape. Usually people acid wash the rock before applying cement and finalizing the structure. I'm curious to know what happens too. You might want to PM Macro Rock and see what they have to say.
In retrospect I should of done that. But I had the structure kinda laid out and didnt want to forgot how I did it. I'll shoot emarco an email and ask

So, called Marco rocks and they said it shouldn't effect it. But that's not guarantee. He said my options were to do and if it falls apart recement it or cure the rock the old fashioned way. Which i I guess I'd kinda commen sense lol.

How did u like the Marco 400? I used the new reef cement from ecotech I can't remember the name ** edit nyos***
It worked really well for me. It was green when wet then turned white when cured. I went with it bc I missed out on the bag of Marco that was on here haha

How did u like the Marco 400? I used the new reef cement from ecotech I can't remember the name ** edit nyos***
It worked really well for me. It was green when wet then turned white when cured. I went with it bc I missed out on the bag of Marco that was on here haha
I think that stuff is awesome. I dont think I could of done what I did if I used glue or any other product. It just holds really well. I bought the 10lb kit and had more then enough. I would say making the solution wetter gave me a better hold. On pieces where you have three or more pieces joined together be sure to let it dry thougher, flip it and add more underneath for a total coverage. In all, I think it's an easy medium to work with. The results are amazing and I would use it again in the future.

Transformers and dinosaurs lol, my wife said the last one looks like a crab. I wanted the fish to have ample swimming space between the structures and is the reason why I did them this way. I'm glad you guys liked them. First time doing this stuff so super happy lol