Is my Hallucination a goner?

My Tiger Conch decided to dance on this beautiful coral, now it looks like a finger caught in a door jam. It is opened but not fully, I say it opens about 75% and stays open over half the time but other half, it stays closed. I haven't moved it or done anything at all, just hoping it will recover on its own.

BTW, anyone wants two free tiger sand conch? 1.5 inch big. I just cant keep them now since I have many Zoos lower in the tank.

Attachments

It looks fine to me!
Fine as in it will recover? It lost all its color and is mostly black or blue? Forgot to mention that it happened about 5 days ago and it does look better then how it was couple of days ago. Should I try to do a Lugol's dip or am I better off just leaving it as is?

How long has it been happening? Usually when zoas get disturbed, even for a few minutes, they should open back up the next day.

Loss in color may be a lighting or nutrient issue...

It looks ok to me at the moment. I would leave it be and keep your eye on it.

When I had problems with zoas opening half way, or staying closed, it ended up being a fish nipping.

How long has it been happening? Usually when zoas get disturbed, even for a few minutes, they should open back up the next day.

Loss in color may be a lighting or nutrient issue...

It looks ok to me at the moment. I would leave it be and keep your eye on it.

When I had problems with zoas opening half way, or staying closed, it ended up being a fish nipping.
I actually saw the tiger conch trying to climb that rock and was sitting on top of the Zoa so it definitely got trampled by it. That was about 5 days ago.
I am just going to leave it alone and see if it starts to get its color back.

Latest posts