I think I jacked up my Mp40qd wetside....

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I soak my wetsides in 50/50 water to vinegar. Usually for 24 hours but I forgot all week. Did a water change and swapped out wetsides today and it was knocking so bad it popped off the glass before I could kill the power.

Now I'm having trouble getting it apart to check out the internals. The guard twisted off, but I cannot remove the impeller. I also cannot get the back cover off. Makes me think the gaskets swelled up. The impeller has resistance so I'm guessing I jacked up the bearings soaking them too long. I've found a handful of vids covering the older style mp40 wetside disassembly and just wanted to confirm the "qd" models have the same steps.

I soak my wetsides in 50/50 water to vinegar. Usually for 24 hours but I forgot all week. Did a water change and swapped out wetsides today and it was knocking so bad it popped off the glass before I could kill the power.

Now I'm having trouble getting it apart to check out the internals. The guard twisted off, but I cannot remove the impeller. I also cannot get the back cover off. Makes me think the gaskets swelled up. The impeller has resistance so I'm guessing I jacked up the bearings soaking them too long. I've found a handful of vids covering the older style mp40 wetside disassembly and just wanted to confirm the "qd" models have the same steps.
I never took one apart but I think its similar to MP10 where the back cover is part of the impeller shaft. After twisting off the guard try looking for 3 clips to pop the front cover off and slide impeller forward.
HTH

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Thanks Kenny. That one's jusybhard3r for me to line up for some reason. I got it working after taking it apart but saw nothing that would cause it

adrianocampo

Premium Member
Supporter
Same thing happened to me. I knocked it off on accident once and something messed up inside. the impeller is super stiff now. did vinegar bath.. didnt help

Latest posts