Sump level?

Elo500

Testing new tank. Filled up to overflow. Filled sump to level across all compartments. Turned on pump to 4/10 and water level dropped in pump compartment to top of pump. Should I add more water to sump?

I set my level with it running. Which is a little over half full and when pump is off it fills up to about 3/4 full

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Testing new tank. Filled up to overflow. Filled sump to level across all compartments. Turned on pump to 4/10 and water level dropped in pump compartment to top of pump. Should I add more water to sump?

Definitely add water but is your sump sized properly if you had an electrical failure it will catch all overflow?

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
The easiest way I think would be to turn off your return and let all the water that is going to drain down into your sump drain.
Once it has stopped draining, then add some top off water to your sump to just below the highest level you want you water at in case the power goes out.
After that, turn your pump back on and that should bring the water level down in your pump chamber.
You can place a mark on the glass so that you know where your 'full' level is at.

jbaeza83

Premium Member
Supporter
Definitely add water but is your sump sized properly if you had an electrical failure it will catch all overflow?
This. You want to make sure that your sump can fit all the water that will drain from the display in case the power goes out. You can test this by shutting off the power to your return and turning off your skimmer.

The easiest way I think would be to turn off your return and let all the water that is going to drain down into your sump drain.
Once it has stopped draining, then add some top off water to your sump to just below the highest level you want you water at in case the power goes out.
After that, turn your pump back on and that should bring the water level down in your pump chamber.
You can place a mark on the glass so that you know where your 'full' level is at.
+1 as long as your pass the baffles and not spilling out when your return is off you can set it were you like