Let's see your sump/refugium set-up

So you have all your supplements going to the return pump chamber? I was wondering about that, gonna get my Doser going hopefully this coming weekend
Yes. I just took off my doser and started running a carx. In my return section I have my carx effluent, ato, and amino acids drip.

When I set up this tank I originally had the dosing lines drop into the refugium. But I didn't think there was enough flow and the alk would settle at the bottom of my fug.

Yes. I just took off my doser and started running a carx. In my return section I have my carx effluent, ato, and amino acids drip.

When I set up this tank I originally had the dosing lines drop into the refugium. But I didn't think there was enough flow and the alk would settle at the bottom of my fug.
So another thing I noticed was several peeps have their gfo dumping back into the skimmer chamber, looks like you have it like that as well. Do you know what the benefit in that is if there is any? I might need to make some changes to my plumbing, seems as if my manifold is in the wrong side.

Here's a better view of my sump area, a bit crowded but it is what it is. I'v
e thought a few times of getting a smaller sump, but bigger is suppose to be better from what I know. Its a 28g sump for my 66g

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

e thought a few times of getting a smaller sump, but bigger is suppose to be better from what I know. Its a 28g sump for my 66g

I'm not using gfo at the moment. Trying not to. Only a small amout of biopellets and a refugium. But I have a lot of fish. So that might change.

As far as your sump is concerned, I would only reccomend running your gfo efficient into a filter sock. I think you would be surprised how much gfo makes it past the sponges.

Miquel, is your baffle at the filter sock compartment direct all the flow to skimmer compartment or some unskimmed water goes through refugium?
Beside, trim out some chaeto, cause the bottom cheato doesnt get much light so it is hard for them to grow.
You can vacumn the detrius out of the sump. No sand or mud.
How often do you change your filter sock?
Bring up your Mag.

Keep it simple.

Miquel, is your baffle at the filter sock compartment direct all the flow to skimmer compartment or some unskimmed water goes through refugium?
Beside, trim out some chaeto, cause the bottom cheato doesnt get much light so it is hard for them to grow.
You can vacumn the detrius out of the sump. No sand or mud.
How often do you change your filter sock?
Bring up your Mag.

Keep it simple.
I have a small pump at the very bottom, a Rio 200. Its small enough that it blows some flow thru the small gap under the baffle. I have it blowing in front of the skimmer. I use to keep only a small amount of chaeto in a ball and had a koralia 750 in there kept it spinmi g all the time and clean on there. Since I decided to give a mandarin a shot I decided to grow out more chaeto for pod population, I do however rotate the chaeto every few days. Filter socks I'm pretty lazy about lol I change it out once a week, clean the collection cup on the skimmer once a week as well but it usually goes about a 3rd of the way full usually nice & dark

I'm with most of the others in saying that you shouldn't mess with anything. I've tried the mud before, didn't notice much of a difference other than it makes a mess. I would definitely trim back that chaeto to almost half of what you have in there. If your worried about pods, just put a piece of rock in there.

my sump is pretty basic. Just a sock with a bag of phosguarg and a bag of carbon in it that that the return dumps onto, skimmer, some deep sand with rubble on top of it, Smart ATO, and my return pump. Lighted by a 24" orbit marine L.E.D light. Thinking about splitting the return chamber into two parts and running chaeto in it, but not sure how to stop it from getting into the return pump. maybe a peice of foam to devide it? Would also like to hard plumb it for a cleaner look.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Just got to get the reactor online.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk