Fresh sw with phosphates help

So I have been having a phosphate issue in my tank that I thought was from food but for s&g I tested a freshly mixed batch of saltwater and I'm getting a high phosphate reading :0

What can I do? I need to figure a way to isolate and see if something's leaching or if it's in my tap and how to filter it out

This salt was brand new could be a bad batch and the test kit is good tank reg at .05 and after a week of gfo reads 000

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
When you say tap are you using conditioned tap water or is this making it through your rodi unit?

5stage rodi 254 in, 000 reading out

Wondering if it's in the water and somehow making it past the filters

I'm going to do a test on my rodi in a moment and find out

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
Test straight out if the outlet to eliminate something that got in your container as well.

We can rule out the water and rodi

Has to be coming from salt or mixing barrel...

It was a brand new bucket of IO and I was using a brute (I now know they have issues googled) can but have used many times in past with 0 phosphates so I'm starting to believe it could be the salt :( I'm going to scrub out my big mixing container and bring it back into use since it doesn't leach at all forsure just was nice with the ability to mix 20 gals at a time next to the tank vs out in the garage

We can rule out the water and rodi

Has to be coming from salt or mixing barrel...

It was a brand new bucket of IO and I was using a brute (I now know they have issues googled) can but have used many times in past with 0 phosphates so I'm starting to believe it could be the salt :( I'm going to scrub out my big mixing container and bring it back into use since it doesn't leach at all forsure just was nice with the ability to mix 20 gals at a time next to the tank vs out in the garage
Just mix a small amount of RODI and Salt in a clean container... so you can rule out the salt being the issue.

I will do that tonight when I get home fingers crossed it was the bucket not the bucket lol or maybe salt idk which cost more lol

Latest posts