T5 question

OcReeferr

I'm looking to add T5's to my tank to supplement my led and was wondering if there are any differences between the T5 HO kits that they sell on BRS or Marine Depot and the T5 HO that anybody can buy at home depot. I assume that high output is high output and they are the same. The only big difference I see is in price. Any advice is appreciated.

Also any advice on what bulbs to run? I've got a 2x2 cube that has two kessils over it now. I want to take one down and add two bulbs, one in the front and one in the back.

Thanks

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Not sure on the differences but I would get ati bulbs, I use two blue pluses on mine with radion in the middle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Depending if you are looking at the retro fit kit from BRS. T5 HO without good reflectors are not T5, Lol also the ballast makes a difference also. The LET kits come with the same ballast as ATI fixtures and Moisture-Proof End Caps

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Like [MENTION=989]babyjess210[/MENTION] mentioned, the biggest difference is the ballast and reflectors. Yes you can use the Home Depot fixture but you won't be getting the best performance out of your T5 bulbs.

Latest posts