"Huge Wake Up Call" - Third of Central Northern Great Barrier Reef Dead

Ive shook my head, bought a electric car for the wifey (no ghey cars for me, sorry), cut down on everything. What else can a reefer in socal do?

we can't do anything... nothing we do affects the oceans in any way... we can cut back on so much, but india, china and japan dump so much crap into the waters over there... its' crazy... they destroyed all of the river fauna including fly river dolphins, and so much more... and it doesn't stay in the rivers... it goes into the ocean....

nothing we do affect the global climate and such.. but, i do think we should all cut back on oil, water and coal... but then again, i use my RO/DI to water some plants... and don't always use the waste water...

i am a horrible person... lol...

Its probably El Nino with a **** ton of pollution.

Don't think Aussie coral are going to cost more. Their Annual max quota is only 80 Ton. Which barely puts a dent into the available wild stock.

Its probably El Nino with a **** ton of pollution.

Don't think Aussie coral are going to cost more. Their Annual max quota is only 80 Ton. Which barely puts a dent into the available wild stock.
Definitely El Nino. Thailand has closed several dive spots due to bleaching and degradation. It's happening all over but the GBR is seriously in trouble. Can't deny the reality. I think the reefing community should be more active in working to preserve the reefs and oceans. Lots of groups doing good work like Oceana, Reef Transect lines, etc.