YOU DECIDE: $5 or $10 off your order?

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor
Do you think you guys will start doing free shipping soon?
Thank you for your question. It's definitely something we are actively discussing and considering. There has been shift in e-commerce recently toward free shipping and certainly within our industry.

We haven't spoken too much publicly about this since since it is something that is ongoing, but we've been opening up more warehouses in the United States with the goal to get all hobbyists in the contiguous United States their orders within 2 business days without having to pay expedited shipping. I suspect (this is me speaking only on behalf of myself and not MD as a whole) that we probably wouldn't come to a decision on that until this transition is complete.

In the meantime, however, we are happy to match prices with whomever to ensure you always pay the lowest price when you shop with us.

I'm all for free shipping too. It's hard to resist ordering a small item from brs with free shipping. I understand I won't get it for 5 days, but there are things I'm not in dire need of receiving the next day. The last few orders I made were from BRS with free shipping just because it would cost me additional money with shipping from MD.

I love MD, but if I need a small item and shipping cost gets in the way, I'll go with the business offering free shipping and waiting a few days for my order.

Please consider this option! Like I said, I <3 MD!

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
I'm all for free shipping too. It's hard to resist ordering a small item from brs with free shipping. I understand I won't get it for 5 days, but there are things I'm not in dire need of receiving the next day. The last few orders I made were from BRS with free shipping just because it would cost me additional money with shipping from MD.

I love MD, but if I need a small item and shipping cost gets in the way, I'll go with the business offering free shipping and waiting a few days for my order.

If MD has that same item as BRS, MD will match the shipping cost as well. I just did this with some loc-line nozzles but unfortunately, you can't combine price matching with the NOCALTAX coupon.

If MD has that same item as BRS, MD will match the shipping cost as well. I just did this with some loc-line nozzles but unfortunately, you can't combine price matching with the NOCALTAX coupon.
Mike, I'm not familiar with the price match policy, but will the outcome be that it will cost the same as a competitor? Or that it will be? Because if it costs the same, price matching is just an added hassle when I can get the item for the lower price without intervening on my end.

solitude127

Instant Ocean User
Supporter
Featured Reef
2020 POTM
Mike, I'm not familiar with the price match policy, but will the outcome be that it will cost the same as a competitor? Or that it will be? Because if it costs the same, price matching is just an added hassle when I can get the item for the lower price without intervening on my end.
It's pretty simple, Just click on the Price match icon under every product and it'll as the competitors price along with shipping cost as well as a link to the competitor and that's it.

Capture.JPG
Capture1.JPG

MarineDepot

Proud Sponsor
Premium sponsor

Thank you very much for your feedback. I can certainly relate to your feelings on free shipping. Personally, I will usually opt for the cheapest shipping method possible (ideally free) when the online purchase is not time-sensitive (like something I'll need for a trip or a birthday party, for example).

Keep in mind this is in no way an official announcement, but based on conversations I've had internally with staffers today, I feel more confident we are headed in the direction of offering a free option in addition to the methods we currently offer. As I mentioned earlier, opening up these other warehouse locations and improving delivery speed has been our priority this year.

You can also look forward to some really cool new site features and improved UX in the months ahead that will make your shopping experience faster, more rewarding, educational, and social. We would certainly appreciate your support in the meantime and absolutely welcome your feedback once we begin rolling out some of the changes I've described today.

Thank you very much for your feedback. I can certainly relate to your feelings on free shipping. Personally, I will usually opt for the cheapest shipping method possible (ideally free) when the online purchase is not time-sensitive (like something I'll need for a trip or a birthday party, for example).

Keep in mind this is in no way an official announcement, but based on conversations I've had internally with staffers today, I feel more confident we are headed in the direction of offering a free option in addition to the methods we currently offer. As I mentioned earlier, opening up these other warehouse locations and improving delivery speed has been our priority this year.

You can also look forward to some really cool new site features and improved UX in the months ahead that will make your shopping experience faster, more rewarding, educational, and social. We would certainly appreciate your support in the meantime and absolutely welcome your feedback once we begin rolling out some of the changes I've described today.
Well, I haven't abandoned all hope yet, so that's good to hear! =D

Latest posts