SanClementeEric's 100-Gallon Shallow Reef

Water polisher. There's a term that is not common today. I still have a Vortex D-1 in my garage. One of the most underrated and misused piece of equipment out there. Sort of a pain in the butt to use sometimes but if you're a clear water freak it's the thing to have.

10/23 Added that free reactor from RAP. Using carbon in it. Added it in-line off of the GFO reactor.

(don't look at my fancy temp ATO wire routing... lol)

So, for my own edification:

Sump w/filter sock; macro, live rock, DSB and other stuff (semiDT) refuge; Siporax section; Skimmer, Bio-pellet reactor in the return section. Then,
CalRx, Sulphur denitrator and GFO reactor-to-a-carbon reactor, fed from return section area and a heater there (that I wonder if it works [have titanium replacement (*to do)]) and return pump feeds to chiller that feeds through SQWD (that pretty much does not work [have replacement (*to do)]) to two return nozzles.

All ran through APEX classic gold with an extra EB8.

Still left/want to do:
Remove all or most of the black sand
Poss. add sand pan to one area of the tank
Possibly add more sand to DSB area of refuge
Add Kalkwasser Reactor (have this)
Replace two lights with upgraded lights (still need to acquire)
Add another light to macro refuge (have this)
Add 5-channel doser (have this) and mini fridge (don't have this)
Add more cameras (don't have this)
Add another (at least) EB8
Add leak detection
Add more sealer to top rim of tank to prevent salt creep in corners
Replace return bulkheads with strong schedule 80 slipxslip ones.

And wish-list but most probably not doable:
Pipe water station to tank.

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
10/23 Added that free reactor from RAP. Using carbon in it. Added it in-line off of the GFO reactor.

(don't look at my fancy temp ATO wire routing... lol)
What carbon reactor is that Eric? Im on the hunt and need one that hangs off the sump wall due to lack of space. space

What carbon reactor is that Eric? Im on the hunt and need one that hangs off the sump wall due to lack of space. space
It's the Somatic (Vertex) UF-1 but I found out is literally the Two-little fishies one rebranded, because they are EXACTLY the same. I have a used TLF one you can have if you want. I just used the Somatic one because it was new. :D

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
It's the Somatic (Vertex) UF-1 but I found out is literally the Two-little fishies one rebranded, because they are EXACTLY the same. I have a used TLF one you can have if you want. I just used the Somatic one because it was new. :D

Thanks for the info and offer Eric. There's a chance I might be heading out to work that way next week. If that's the case I'll take you up on that.