LFS quarantine options

borg

shops in sd. at least none I know of

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
We have one that kinda QT's, but not in a separate tank so it isn't a true QT. Vets Pets.

The owner there actually would not sell me a fish until he got it eating so he held, got it eating then held it for another week until the fish gained weight. If Im buying fish from an LFS, i only buy from him.

borg

I'd like to support my local LFS but liveaquaria seems like a good option to get started with all the fish I want arriving at once. Anyone have any luck with them? $175 for free shipping seems like a good deal and their prices aren't really different than any LFS I've seen. Just curious.

If you're gonna buy from live aquaria, buy from Divers Den. Anything you buy from live aquaria (besides DD) comes from LA wholesale anyway. The good thing about them is they do guarantee for 14 days and they definitely honor it. You can even call them on day 13 or 14 if the fish happens to be sick and they will honor it if the fish dies a few days after the guarantee.

That all said, the quality hasn't been that great lately. I've had a lot of losses from them.

If you're gonna buy from live aquaria, buy from Divers Den. Anything you buy from live aquaria (besides DD) comes from LA wholesale anyway. The good thing about them is they do guarantee for 14 days and they definitely honor it. You can even call them on day 13 or 14 if the fish happens to be sick and they will honor it if the fish dies a few days after the guarantee.

That all said, the quality hasn't been that great lately. I've had a lot of losses from them.
Divers den selection sucks. If it's the same guarantee I'd rather get the fish I want then wait all year to stock my list from DD. I'd feel comfortable if any LFS held fish for 14 days. Same as a guarantee from Liveaquaria to me.

borg

Divers den selection sucks. If it's the same guarantee I'd rather get the fish I want then wait all year to stock my list from DD. I'd feel comfortable if any LFS held fish for 14 days. Same as a guarantee from Liveaquaria to me.
DD's selection is quite limited. I agree with you there. . While I understand my sample size is small (I've ordered 4-5 times from DD), Ive gotten healthy fish every time. I lost 1-2 due to some other reasons but not from them being sick.

And yes, it would likely take a long time to stock your DT if you only purchased from DD.

All Delight

I called Dan at age of aquariums. He says he gets all his fish from quality marine I think up in LA somewhere. He said he'd go hand pick them out when he's up there and work out a qt deal. Like if it's a fairly easy/cheap fish he wouldn't charge and if it's a riskier fish like a powder brown he'd split the loss with me. Pretty cool if you ask me.

Sps coral is Aaron but the guy that works there during the week knows nothing really. He said they do have a qt tank though and has heard of people working out deals with Aaron to qt fish for them.
You can't beat that offer from dan. Hope it works out for you.