Seaside Tropical Fish Review

So I was on a hunt for a Helfrichi and Yasha goby and somebody recommended Seaside. So I made the hour plus drive with traffic down to Huntington Beach! The store is clean and very nicely organized. They keep a wide variety of fish in stock. Luckily, I found my Helfrichi and it was retail priced accordingly. The yasha I couldn't find, but the owner said they may be getting some on Monday. So it's good to hear that they have multiple shipments throughout the week. The coral selection was decent with mainly common zoas and lps. The best corals however, were marked "sold" and stuffed in a corner tank. Prices for corals varied, but they were about average. There was also a wide assortment of anemones reasonably priced. The red rose bubble tip anemones were a little higher in price than the average, but they were way more colorful than the ones I've seen at other stores...very red. Overall, it's a pretty decent shop. I'd come back if they were having one of their crazy good sales on fish.

I usually stop by after reefapalooza or max, they usually have good sales the same day and its not to far.

I like taking my girls there to feed the sharks in the pond they have and stock up on goods/foods once a month. They also have a good selection of freshwater fish as well. The corals are a hit n miss. But i live just a couple miles from two guys corals, so its hard to be impressed by a LFS coral selection.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Oh and by the way, the Helfrichi I bought from them is a champ! After acclimated him, he was just out and about all over the tank, no hiding or anything. And when I fed that night, he was eating like crazy. So kudos to Seaside for the healthy livestock!

Oh and by the way, the Helfrichi I bought from them is a champ! After acclimated him, he was just out and about all over the tank, no hiding or anything. And when I fed that night, he was eating like crazy. So kudos to Seaside for the healthy livestock!
Sounds like you got a good pick!!

I discovered this shop about a year ago and now will drive out of my way to visit when I am in OC. I love the selection of fish. I have never been and not seen at least a couple of what I consider "rare" fish. White Tail Tangs, Golden Angels, Scribbled Angels, Gold Hawks, Blue Line Angels...lots of Angels. There is always something I have to have. Prices are great too. I can't think of another OC store that is like that.

My favorite lfs for sure. Every fish I buy there are always healthy. The last fish I bought recently is the regal and this guy eats like a champ. .. great store

They usually carry nice fish and some rare ones than other store does I usually go to them for fish. For corals they have some nice ones once in awhile. They pretty cool guys I usually go to their store.

I had the same experience as the OP. I talked to the owner and told him it was my first time there and he hooked me up with a CUC. I bought a pair of flame wrasse and a blue spotted jaw fish. All the fish were really healthy and ate a few hours after I put them in the tank. Very clean store with a big selection of healthy fish.

The livestock is usually much healthier too than tongs or even iconic reefs down the street. They have big turnover so granted, not every fish will be healthy, but in general Seaside has great prices and healthy livstock. I shop there.

I live like 5 minutes away and it's pretty well stocked. They have really good varieties of fish and coral. I got a Sherman Rose anemone recently for $130 so it was a great deal.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I like taking my girls there to feed the sharks in the pond they have and stock up on goods/foods once a month. They also have a good selection of freshwater fish as well. The corals are a hit n miss. But i live just a couple miles from two guys corals, so its hard to be impressed by a LFS coral selection.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
How are their frozen food prices?

Their dry goods are on the pricy side, their fish are very well priced.

How are their frozen food prices?

Their dry goods are on the pricy side, their fish are very well priced.
Tongs down the street and around the corner has the best frozen food prices. Seaside has WAAAY better fish/inverts though

Latest posts