Deep Sea Creations - Temecula, CA

Eienna

I know this is not a sponsor or even a seller on the forums, but I need to tell you guys about Deep Sea Creations in Temecula, CA. It's a bit of a drive from my home, but so worth it if you are going for fish or corals. The staff there is friendly and quite knowledgeable (I really geek out talking to them. I don't get to do it much so I might be driving them crazy...IDK XD) I always enjoy talking to my favorite employee, Kyle, and he feeds the fish I want without my even asking so I can see if they're in good shape. Any of them will do it if you ask, though.

Aaanyway, they take excellent care of their livestock. They pay attention to when a fish is bullying others and needs to be moved, and treats them if they get sick, which my more local store does not do.They also have sand in the bottom of their tanks, so wrasses and such are comfortable. Their corals are always healthy and open, and they have a $10 section that I love.

I bought a mandarin dragonet from them way back and it did really well. It was fat and healthy when I bought it, even though it was in their tanks for about four months. I also got two Barret's Anthias from them a few years ago, which also did well, acclimating to frozens and pellets almost instantly. My latest purchase was yesterday, of a Klein's butterfly which had come in the day before. It actually ate WHILE STILL IN MY ACCLIMATION BAG. I was shocked. He seems to be coming down with ich (just flashing right now, no spots, but I've seen velvet start that way so i'm treating preemptively) so I just started a cupramine treatment, but otherwise he's great. Healthy weight, good appetite, and bold but not a bully. LOVE this fish.

I almost never see dead fish in their tanks, which are always clean and well-lit for a good look at your possible purchase. Any advice I've received from them and heard them telling other people has been spot-on. The rest of the store is clean, and they keep high-quality dry goods (great in a pinch, though I prefer buying my dry stuff online because it's far cheaper.)

They carry freshwater fish, too, which are likewise healthy and active.

I highly recommend this store if you're ever in the area. A++.

Eienna

I forgot to add something. When my Dad used their aquarium setup service, the guys that came to do it really didn't have their act together. I can't recommend using this service. We have not tried their maintenance service.

Eienna

I've been there a bunch and I agree it's a nice store. Haven't seen it since the fire but it used to be nice
They've rebuilt quite nicely, including a much bigger coral tank (and my favorite spot, the $10 section, is back!)

They have only one display tank now, though, the one with their logo on it. Sad.

russ13

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah Kyle is a forum guy who knows his stuff. They have a good selection of dry good and livestock. No SPS though, most stores in the area don't carry SPS. You have to make the drive down to San Diego or go to Eric1975's house( he has one of the nicest SPS tanks I have ever seen).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eienna

Yeah Kyle is a forum guy who knows his stuff. They have a good selection of dry good and livestock. No SPS though, most stores in the area don't carry SPS. You have to make the drive down to San Diego or go to Eric1975's house( he has one of the nicest SPS tanks I have ever seen).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Kyle's my favorite to talk to at the store, too XD I don't think I ever asked his screen name, though...

Just there today! Always love spending time there and talking coral and fish even when I don't buy anything lol (I of course bought things ha always) but love the new set up after the fire and always recommend them!