SPS Color Up Challenge Photo Update Thread

jamie1210

Here's mine. Totally browned out when I brought it home from the LARS swap a couple weeks ago, but it looks like it's regaining some ... green?? at the base?

Lighting: ATI T5s with bulb combination of (going from front to back): Coral Plus, Blue Plus, Coral Plus, Blue Plus, Blue Plus, Purple Plus

No dosing of anything.

jimmy007

Premium Member
Supporter
FYI participant thirst pm me and told me he's on a cruise and will not be able to post his picture and tank info until Monday. Anyone that is out of town I will allow you to Monday to post your picture. This will be it no more extension. Thanks

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter
FYI participant thirst pm me and told me he's on a cruise and will not be able to post his picture and tank info until Monday. Anyone that is out of town I will allow you to Monday to post your picture. This will be it no more extension. Thanks
...wow, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's mine. It got bleached because it was in a cooler all day but it's still alive.

I'm running Hydra 52s and a kessill 360w
I run a Vertex CA reactor
And I dose amino acid

My piece will be out of qt in a few days. Havent had time to tend to it.
[URL=http://s79.photobucket.com/user/m3ace9/media/IMG_8955_zpstfwiric5.jpg.html]

I run a calcium reactor, 2 g3 pros with t5 sup and dose many things........... I find goldfish poo the key to coral color ;)

Attachments

aaaaaaand it looks like I'll be the first one out. looks like being in a cooler all day was bad for my piece. All three of the pieces I got are STNing and I think they are too far gone.

aaaaaaand it looks like I'll be the first one out. looks like being in a cooler all day was bad for my piece. All three of the pieces I got are STNing and I think they are too far gone.
All "THREE" of your pieces?? :nono (2):

RUH ROH....

It's Monday right now right?

3xradion xr30

dose 2 part with Mag + FM.

I dose KZ aminos + sponge + coral vital + Xtra special

If it's too late I totally understand, just had a ton of stuff happening when I returned from my trip.

3xradion xr30

If it's too late I totally understand, just had a ton of stuff happening when I returned from my trip.

Dam thats a huge frag!

jimmy007

Premium Member
Supporter

3xradion xr30

Sorry you have been disqualified your post was after the cutoff time which was Monday 7/11. It wouldn't be fair to the other participants.

I'm trying to understand the strict requirement of posting pictures when the judging won't even happen until November. What unfair advantage does one get by posting late? I had not seen this thread, didn't check this forum, and when I got the pm, I was leaving long beach port and didn't have signal again until late Monday night. After a 4 day trip, the last thing I'm thinking about is turning on my light to take a picture of my corals.

Nevertheless it's my fault for not reading through the rules thoroughly, but just don't quite get the claim that I would have an unfair advantage because I posted a picture a day late, 5 months before the end of the competition.

In your first post with that huge frag of yours you said.. "If it's too late I totally understand..." And then your second post after you have been DQ you post this long message trying to understand the rules... I guess you don't understand then? :)

I'm trying to understand the strict requirement of posting pictures when the judging won't even happen until November. What unfair advantage does one get by posting late? I had not seen this thread, didn't check this forum, and when I got the pm, I was leaving long beach port and didn't have signal again until late Monday night. After a 4 day trip, the last thing I'm thinking about is turning on my light to take a picture of my corals.

Nevertheless it's my fault for not reading through the rules thoroughly, but just don't quite get the claim that I would have an unfair advantage because I posted a picture a day late, 5 months before the end of the competition.