SPS Color Up Challenge Photo Update Thread

I'm trying to understand the strict requirement of posting pictures when the judging won't even happen until November. What unfair advantage does one get by posting late? I had not seen this thread, didn't check this forum, and when I got the pm, I was leaving long beach port and didn't have signal again until late Monday night. After a 4 day trip, the last thing I'm thinking about is turning on my light to take a picture of my corals.

Nevertheless it's my fault for not reading through the rules thoroughly, but just don't quite get the claim that I would have an unfair advantage because I posted a picture a day late, 5 months before the end of the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty easy to understand really. You must document the growth of the frag... in theory someone could just go grab a large frag of something similar and cheat the competition. Most all of the other grow out competitions are run in the same fashion.

I understand the dqing, don't understand the rules. Also, I thought this was a color up contest, not a growth contest

It's Monday right now right?

3xradion xr30

dose 2 part with Mag + FM.

I dose KZ aminos + sponge + coral vital + Xtra special

If it's too late I totally understand, just had a ton of stuff happening when I returned from my trip.

Did you have to pay extra for that monster? It's a sweet looking coral either way :)

Did you have to pay extra for that monster? It's a sweet looking coral either way :)
Now with this size of a frag, I'm wondering now if everybody else got a booger size than mine coz eventually bigger frags has a better chance of winning size it's been more stable that a fresh cut booger size !!!!

Interesting subject !!!!

jamie1210

Now with this size of a frag, I'm wondering now if everybody else got a booger size than mine coz eventually bigger frags has a better chance of winning size it's been more stable that a fresh cut booger size !!!!

Interesting subject !!!!
Oooh u made a good point....

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Titanwerx

Premium Member
Supporter

Interesting subject !!!!
I didn't think mine was a bad size but the difference between mine and that last colony one was huge! Is it still considered a "frag" if it's bigger than the plug it's on? Lol

I know that he's disqualified for this challenge but can we have an update and try to compare the frag sizing that we all received and update the list on whose still running for this challenge!!!!

It is a nice piece( don't get me wrong)but having to have a color up challenge as well as growth will definitely have better chance for those who received a mini colony size compared to a frag size.

jimmy007

Premium Member
Supporter
The is a tabling acro so it was hard to get all the same size frag. Everyone frag will be different size. The first person will get the biggest frag and the last person got the smallest frag. Thirst was the first person to pickup his frag so that why his is the biggest. This is why we did color up challenge instead of a grow out challenge.

jamie1210

Hey jimmy, for the month of August, is the deadline for photos the tenth? Or are we keeping the 7th?

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Here is my aug pic. I had to move it to frag tank because all of my rock is leaching phosphate. It might be dead (the frag).....or near dead.