Durso and sump question

Hey, so 2 quick questions.

With a Durso standpipe, does the bottom part of have to be screwed in to the bulkhead or can it just be slipped into it. Here's a pic, if it's slipped does it need to be glued?

Iv never set up a cube sump before, with the four spots what should go where? It will have a skimmer, return, return pump and fuge. Any input is greatly appreciated!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if your using slip, Don't glue the Durso pipe to the bulkhead. Being able to remove the Durso pipe will make it easier to clean the inside of the overflow and remove a trapped fish.

if your using slip, Don't glue the Durso pipe to the bulkhead. Being able to remove the Durso pipe will make it easier to clean the inside of the overflow and remove a trapped fish.
You think slipping it in will be strong enough?

Gravity fed, so slip should be fine. Not really under any hydrolic pressure. And I agree with F-dog that it'll make it easier to clean
Thanks!!
What you think about the sump? Not sure what's the most efficient way to have the water travel though it.

Thanks!!
What you think about the sump? Not sure what's the most efficient way to have the water travel though it.

1st glance, overflow/fuge in #1, not sure about #2, skimmer or return in #3 or #4.
Question is will it be a DSB fuge, or just Chaeto? In mine, when I had Chaeto, I had it in the overflow section. Lots of water movement to keep the macro moving. Seemed to work well, but my system is pretty low nutrient.

And.... Does this mean the 225 is going back on line?!?! I hope!!

1st glance, overflow/fuge in #1, not sure about #2, skimmer or return in #3 or #4.
Question is will it be a DSB fuge, or just Chaeto? In mine, when I had Chaeto, I had it in the overflow section. Lots of water movement to keep the macro moving. Seemed to work well, but my system is pretty low nutrient.

And.... Does this mean the 225 is going back on line?!?! I hope!!
No no no, it's still for sale. Just doing this for work but want it to be perrrrrfect. It's just gunna be a cheato in the fuge what's dsb?

theMerchant

Premium Member
Supporter
This looks like a SC Aquarium sump, I have a similar layout.... #3 for the drain; #4 for skimmer; #2 fuge; #1 return

Some have taken out the partition between 3 and 4

Last edited:
No no no, it's still for sale. Just doing this for work but want it to be perrrrrfect. It's just gunna be a cheato in the fuge what's dsb?

Deep sand bed. Wouldn't work well in an overflow section. Too much flow

Sometimes that's a good thing, got rid of an extra goalie:)

To continue the derail.... All about the $$$ with the Ducks. They sign Vatanen for big $ for a small guy. He's good, but not big enough for "Ducks hockey" need to resign Lindholm, Rakell. Both gonna get paid. Anderson (the better of the 2 goalies IMO), and probably Fowler are casualties of a budget team. Anderson got $5.5M for 5 years. Gibson is a paltry $1.2M for another 2 years. They have kids in the pipeline, but Lindholm and Rakell are probably gonna split the $ saved by shipping Fowler. We'll see.... Carlyle behind the bench is either going to go well......,,,,,,, or fail miserably. I know a lot of Ducks players...... Um......... Dislike him strongly.....

Smite

Premium Member
Supporter
2020 POTM
I prefer close to the in side to pull crap right away. Otherwise it tends to settle before it can be skimmed.

Latest posts