Reef Crystals & SPS Corals

If you are only keeping a couple of sps, you can keep up alk levels with high alk salts such as Reef Crystals via water changes only. You can likely wait on the doser / calcium reactor until you notice sustained low alk.

There is a range of acceptable alk & currently the lower end (NSW levels) are in vogue.

Maintain stability by smaller water changes or additions to the sump.

Six2seven

Premium Member
Supporter
Juan, I see that you are in Hawthorne. I work in Hawthorne and can come by and check out your tank if you would like. I can give you some tips and explain in person what these guys are trying to say.

At some point yes you will need to dose the big 3. How much and when depends on your coral consumption as your coral collection grows. With just a few corals, some salts will get you buy for the time being.

www.LAreefsociety.org

Juan, I see that you are in Hawthorne. I work in Hawthorne and can come by and check out your tank if you would like. I can give you some tips and explain in person what these guys are trying to say.

At some point yes you will need to dose the big 3. How much and when depends on your coral consumption as your coral collection grows. With just a few corals, some salts will get you buy for the time being.

www.LAreefsociety.org
Thanks, Steve! I'll take you up on that offer sometime soon. And thanks for the link.

I'm going to start a thread in the build section so that you guys can check out the progress I've made so far.

Latest posts