Help! Brown Jelly Disease Treatment

Has anyone experienced brown jelly disease? Any recommendations on treatment? I've read some people treat with iodine. Any other suggestions?

I've experienced it once. It took out a large coral lps coral in about 2 days. Very healthy to skeleton. I threw out the coral and have never seen that stuff again. It happened so fast by the time I figured out what I was dealing with, it was too late. If I saw it again, I would QT the Coral immediately in an isolated tank. I hear that stuff can get out of control quickly. I think i was lucky it only took out one.

I'm mainly concerned with it not spreading to my gold torch and blasto colony. I have a nano I can transfer them to, I just don't want to infect any other corals in there.

I had a friend who had it a while ago in their frag tank with acans and euphyllia. We dosed metroplex in the tank because I had heard of it stopping the disease. Unfortunately it didn't do anything to stop the problem. The only thing that helped was dipping in hydrogen peroxide 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 9 parts water. We used coralrx as well and it seemed to help. We had to do several dips and on one piece had to cut it 3 different times where it got brown jelly again after the third dip and third time of cutting it stopped for good. Check out this link http://reefdreams.de/lang_eng/info_13_eng.html

I had a friend who had it a while ago in their frag tank with acans and euphyllia. We dosed metroplex in the tank because I had heard of it stopping the disease. Unfortunately it didn't do anything to stop the problem. The only thing that helped was dipping in hydrogen peroxide 1 part hydrogen peroxide to 9 parts water. We used coralrx as well and it seemed to help. We had to do several dips and on one piece had to cut it 3 different times where it got brown jelly again after the third dip and third time of cutting it stopped for good. Check out this link http://reefdreams.de/lang_eng/info_13_eng.html
Thank you!

All Delight

So this is where the idea of how much u have spent on this hobby.

But to answer your question. Don't try to save anything if it has jelly throw it away before it spreads. You'll lose more coral trying to save what's infected. Not to mention the time and aggravation only to have the coral die anyways.

So this is where the idea of how much u have spent on this hobby.

But to answer your question. Don't try to save anything if it has jelly throw it away before it spreads. You'll lose more coral trying to save what's infected. Not to mention the time and aggravation only to have the coral die anyways.
Makes sense. I moved some of my stuff that didn't show signs to my nano.

So after I throw away the infected coral, what next? Do I have to have a fallow period? Or when can I move my coral to my main tank again?

Latest posts