Hello, my name is Ryan and I'm a reef tank addict!

What's up SCR?!? I've been lurking on here for some time. So I figured it's time to introduce myself. :beerglass:

I've been in the hobby for over 20 years. I've had all different size tanks from 34 - 350 gallons over the years. When I became a dad of twins I had to step away from this hobby. Well almost - I held onto a 34 red sea tank since my kids were born. The tank was fish with some softies = easy to handle with babies.

It's been 8 years now since I've had a reef tank to speak of, and now I'm back. My experience with saltwater is with fish, softies, LPS, and some SPS.

After spending about a year looking for the right setup(used and a good start point) for the right price I found my tank to start with. Looked at several tanks in size from 300-150 gal tanks. Talking with my wife - she's new and has no idea on what this hobby costs. So for those married reefers out there, you know what I'm talking about.

We ended up with a 100 gallon Cad lights tank that was running for about two years, and then I purchased it April 2016.

My current setup:

100 CAD Lights tank - white cabinet

Stock Sump :
Vertex 180i Skimmer
Jebo DC pump
Santa Monica Filtration HOG1.3 algae scrubber
Media reactors - vertex univerisal GFO, and bio pellet
Tunez Osmolator - ATO
12 gal ATO rez
UV sterilizer 25watt - Emperor Aquatics
Kessil a160WE refug light

Lighting:
ATI dim-able 48" x8-54watt

Other:
Apex gold
Dosing - BRS 2 part Cal and Soda ash, using BRS single dosing pumps x2
Dosing Acro power amino acids
MP40QD - 1, w/Reef link
Maxspect gyre 150 x2
BRS - DIY screen top/cover
testing kits - Hanna checker, and Red sea if needed for double check.
APC battery back up

Some photos of the tank......

Pikachu frag

Latest posts