Vertex Cerebra Controller questions/issues

A quick update. It's been about a month with my bromance with the Vertex Cerebra. Its been a steep learning curve for me but a rewarding one. I knew nothing about the Android system. Now I know how to vnc into the server and play pron on the display. Support is first class all the way. I had a bad temp probe, new one delivered next day. One of one phone calls with support as much as needed. In fact, I have more invites to call for help than I can use. No crashes at all. I'm running 2 mp40's and 1 mp10 plus 4 36" ATI T5's and a Jecod 8000 pump with no problems with heat or failure of any kind. It is fun to have access that few have. The cloud isn't online yet and they have missed that deadline, maybe that haven't really set a date for it, but its in the works. Would I pay the full price today... nope but I'm super happy with paying the beta price and learning a lot about what makes this controller work from behind the scenes.

Another update: No crashes for the past week. Several FW updates that have added more functions like delay in timers and icons to match US rather than EU standards. The cloud is very close. We as beta testers can't access it yet but we are told it is being tested by support. Today was a drawing for some free Vertex hardware rangeing from the I-Supra C+ Complete to Sensor-Mag XD. There were 40 prizes awarded and got #2 Omega 200i skimmer. This has been a great learning experience and now is more beneficial than I expected. They plan on having drawing monthly for the cerebra club members only. I think BRS now has them on pre-order at the reduced price.

You will need your serial number to get accepted on the site. The addy for the site is packed in the box. I could give it to you but without your s/n it would be useless. Don't be surprised if you don't get accepted over the weekend. At least for me I had to wait until Monday to be accepted. Support is not like that.
Yea brs finally shipping one to me today. What is the site for the club. Wow a skimmer. Lucky you.
Thanks. It is being shipped next day out of Huntington Beach. I will have it tomorrow.

The Cerebra cloud site is up today! Has lots of graphs and system info it receives from the Cerebra here at home. Or should I say it will have all those. Right now it just has the templates with my individual setup ID. It was a little tricky to get on because there really is no manual or directions to follow! Just a QR code and link to the cloud site. For some odd reason my date got changed.Until I saw that and fixed it then I was able to connect. I have added 2 smart temp probes and the power bar. I now have 12 outlets to control/use. Really simple to setup, just plug into usb cable and outlet and boom there it is on the Cerebra desktop. Its getting slick. Cerebra will be at MACNA.

The new Apex has more probes for starters and 8 outlets. The Cerebra has 6 outlets and one temp probe. Both have wireless in their basic setup. The progress in updates on the Cerebra has brought it close, but no cigar yet, to release. The head unit on the Cerebra is easier to read and quicker in input response. Setup of the Power Bar is super simple with use of any length of USB cable and a power source. The Apex has a longer heritage in support and use. I have both and I prefer the Cerebra because of ease of setup and programming presets. Not any 3rd party plugins yet and there are many in the que. As a beta tester I am able to learn and see what's down the pipeline. I'm very happy to get in on the beta price and experience. The Cerebra is just quicker and easier to run. It would be amazing if it had a manual with definitions. That seems to be the problem recent beta testers are having as they ask questions that have been gone over and explained weeks ago. In little over 6 weeks there have been 407 topics with 4,641 posts. 99% of the posts are related to the Cerebra with a few jokes thrown in. There are over 200 active beta testers.
Personally I would go with the Cerebra even at the release price. I don't think it will be available for another month. Vertex has some great, high quality hardware in the Cerebra's future.

Anyone still using this?
There may be some lost soul still using the beta V1 that came out 2 years ago, was it that long ago? Vertex support no longer 'supports' Version 1. The latest hardware is actually being developed with video showing what it can do. Not much else to say for now. We've been asked, the original beta testers, not to give out the link to the video. So I won't. It looks really fast in how you can personalize the controller screen.

joseserrano

2020 Contributor
There may be some lost soul still using the beta V1 that came out 2 years ago, was it that long ago? Vertex support no longer 'supports' Version 1. The latest hardware is actually being developed with video showing what it can do. Not much else to say for now. We've been asked, the original beta testers, not to give out the link to the video. So I won't. It looks really fast in how you can personalize the controller screen.
Thank you for the info sir.

The latest promise at RAP in Orlando was that the new developer WOULD ship no later than December 22nd and would not go on vacation until he knew these were shipped.
Psssst -he's on vacation. What a group liars and thieves. Every person should get a refund for the wait and false promises over TWO years

The latest promise at RAP in Orlando was that the new developer WOULD ship no later than December 22nd and would not go on vacation until he knew these were shipped.
Psssst -he's on vacation. What a group liars and thieves. Every person should get a refund for the wait and false promises over TWO years
No show on the promised ship time. I have never seen Vertex ship on their promise date so there are no surprises here. I think calling them 'liars' is too strong. Some have asked where they have their Cerebra mounted. Mine is under my work bench with a bunch of other 'maybe I'll get to it later' stuff.

No show on the promised ship time. I have never seen Vertex ship on their promise date so there are no surprises here. I think calling them 'liars' is too strong. Some have asked where they have their Cerebra mounted. Mine is under my work bench with a bunch of other 'maybe I'll get to it later' stuff.
Liar may appear strong but being in the industry, I/we have been looked right in the face at trade shows with a Strong assurance and told " This Time" and it is frustrating when we are telling others for sure and have to then answer for Vertex. They're setting themselves up for lack of consumer confidence and eventually NO support from stores and consumers and two other manufacturers who are no longer can explain to them what happens next

Did anyone receive the new Cerebra 2 yet?.. I think they shipped the first 80 units.
The current version of the Cerebra is V7(seven). There has been no shipping or ship date announced as of this morning. There will be 80 units shipped once they are assembled and tested. I recently received email confirming my addy and that makes my one of the first 80.