Thinking of switching lights

I am currently running a Pacific Sun Pandora S Hybrid LED/T5 Black 36" Lamp. It's an amazing lamp and I love the T5 LED combo but I am thinking about trading it for something else and am looking for some suggestions.

As great as the light is, I am looking for something with an easier interface for programming. I feel like I am using an Apex as a power strip and not maximizing what this light can do.

So, any suggestions for an easy to program high quality light for a mixed reef?

I am currently running a Pacific Sun Pandora S Hybrid LED/T5 Black 36" Lamp. It's an amazing lamp and I love the T5 LED combo but I am thinking about trading it for something else and am looking for some suggestions.

As great as the light is, I am looking for something with an easier interface for programming. I feel like I am using an Apex as a power strip and not maximizing what this light can do.

So, any suggestions for an easy to program high quality light for a mixed reef?
Programming is something you really do once or twice to get it how you want it and then forget about it. I'd really reconsider switching the light if you like it. The ATI LED Powermodule has a horrible interface for programming, but I only messed with it a few times and never touched it again. It was a great light too.

The Pacific Sun is an awsome light. I would really consider keeping it and play with the programming. Like [MENTION=3768]Confuse[/MENTION] said you only program it leave it alone. My buddy has a power module and the led optic has all melted and feel off.

Thanks for the responses guys. Admittedly, I am not a techie at all. It seems that no matter how much I mess with the programming I am not getting the settings I want. Was just feeling frustrated and e might be a better option and someone who knows what they are doing can enjoy these. I'll keep plugging away

Thanks for the responses guys. Admittedly, I am not a techie at all. It seems that no matter how much I mess with the programming I am not getting the settings I want. Was just feeling frustrated and e might be a better option and someone who knows what they are doing can enjoy these. I'll keep plugging away
What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Automatic water changes :)

Nothing out of the ordinary...I'd like a sunrise using LEDs then T5s ramping up to mid day that has the color I prefer(14-16k) then a reverse rampdown followed by a moonlight for a couple of hours before it goes off for the night.

Automatic water changes :)

Nothing out of the ordinary...I'd like a sunrise using LEDs then T5s ramping up to mid day that has the color I prefer(14-16k) then a reverse rampdown followed by a moonlight for a couple of hours before it goes off for the night.
Sounds like very basic functionality. I wouldn't switch lights over that. From screenshots I've seen, the PacSun appears it has a lot more options than are required. I would just focus on what you're trying to accomplish and ignore the rest.

As far as other fixtures that provide ease of use, the Radion would be one. And AI probably as well. When you couple T5's and LEDs together, you have to factor in the bulb combo you chose and the LED settings to get what you want, which may get a little trickier. You also have to take into account the design of the fixture. Whether T5's are supplements to LEDs, or whether T5's are the primary light source and LEDs are used as supplements.

Damian, I agree with you. It is very basic functionality and I cant get it to do it. I guess that's my point. I think part of the problem is the Pacific Sun forum was removed for some reason on RC and very few people have these lights so local support is a challenge.

Id like to be able to easily change between 12k and 14k and 20k to see what I like and not impact the entire program. I am sure its capable of doing it but the interface isn't intuitive...ok, I'll admit it...I own Apple products and they have made me stupid

Someone suggested Radions to me over PM but I am torn because I really like the T5 combo. I will keep trying. Maybe I just need to find a forum where there are more users and keep experimenting.

No matter how you slice it going from T5/LED to LED only is a huge downgrade. The only light I can see as an upgrade would be a Giesemann Spectra and that would be super simple operation with on and off.