Pump advice, Please?!

Wondering if an Iwaki rlt40 will be strong enough to use in water change station... To mount externally and send water from my barrel to my tank about 50-60 ' away around 2 corners w maybe 2' head pressure going up to tank level to fill?? I'll be using a vinyl tube..
TIA

Sent from my blinged out girly iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on how fast you want your tank filled lol :)
You can test run it and see how fast it fills your needed volume of water. Most important is head pressure and diameter of the tube. Horizontal distance wouldn't really matters

Anybody up yet? Lol I have about an hour to decide and nothing online is very helpful for this application .. :/

If you're planning to use it to mix your saltwater also then I'd say you need a stronger pump. If you're only using it to pump new saltwater into your tank then that should be fine.
I used the one of those Panworld pump (forgot the rating ...but prob around 1200 gal/hour) to both mix and change water with 6 ft of head pressure.

AFUreef

Jami I would say you will be fine with that pump as long as your not using it to mix as well. Horizontal movement isn't that big it's more height head pressure that makes the difference. I would say go for it. Especially at the price your getting the pump too. Good luck.

Ok thanks guys :) gonna lock it down .. And finally get this beastly build finished!

It has 880gph rating..
And I do 25 g water changes mostly

If I remember on these pumps. They are all pressure pumps. The 880gph, that you are referring to are rated at 4' of head.

Latest posts